5. Weed.

The familiar van was filled with smoke. "Fillmore! Hey! Tree hugger! We need you." He said and looked around, it wasn't big, and every part of the van was covered by pieces of colourful fabric. It looked cosy...?

"Hi, Serge." Greeted Fillmore, his eyes tinted red by whatever he was doing just moments ago. "What ya' need?" "I need a little bit of a relax here for our soldier." He said and pushed me right into Fillmore's chest. "Oh, hi, Lightning. I can give you weed, ecstasy, cocaine, or maybe somethin' fancier?" I couldn't believe my ears. I knew that his veins weren't clear - everybody knew - but wow. "What's not going to mess me up?" I asked and looked behind me; Serge wasn't there. Oh c'mon! I can't do this! Where is he?!

"Weed," Fillmore exclaimed as if it was the plainest thing in the world, and that quite frankly scared me. "Y'knou- I just remembered I have something to do! Maybe we can try it sometime later?" Slowly while mumbling, I backed off, almost tripping and making a fool of myself. "Bye~" Waved Fillmore with a croaked smile.

I stumbled outside, where Serge patiently waited next to his car. "I knew you wouldn't do it." Gruffed Serge with a knowing smirk on his lips. Bastard.

I sat in the city hall with everybody staring at me. "I am sorry okay!" Their angry looks were just unbearable. It would've been worse if they knew I slept on the edge of a cliff.

"You were gone for 5 hours! Your phone was in your room! You know how scared I~ We were?" I looked at Sally with a question in my eyes. "When I left, you looked entertained." My tone was maybe too sharp when I said it. I was hurt, knowing that the slick Italian bastard was snatching my girl.

"I thought you'll want some time alone with fantastic Francesco Bernoulli, so I left!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in dramatic flair.

Francesco was looking most pissed. Sally looked a little hurt and sat back at her place. I was sitting under Doctor's place. "Buddy, we've been searchin' for you." Mater looked upset, not because I left, but because he was worried. "I know, I just needed~" I looked at Francesco and signed. "~time out." Francesco didn't laugh or say something that would insult me. He stood up and slapped me across the face. Everybody was shocked, including me. "Lightning terrified everyone because he needed a 'time out'?" He asked angrily before cursing in Italian. Since I couldn't understand a word he said, I assumed it was cursing.

I placed my hand on my cheek and blinked. He was freaking out, and nobody was stopping him. I made the mess, so I might as well clean it. I stood up and hugged him. He stopped. My heart was beating so fast I thought it would jump out of my chest. "I apologize. I made a mistake, and you had the right to be angry, but please... Calm down." Francesco froze in his place. It was awkward and weird, yet it worked like a miracle. I pulled away, searching his face for anything.

Francesco was still, mouth open in search of another curse. Did I take it too far? Stepping slowly back, I scratched the back of my head. I panicked. I didn't want him to freeze like that.

"Francesco?" I waved my hand before his face and tried to dig into him. "Hey~" His sudden gaze made me feel tiny compared to him; the height difference did not help.

"Just don't do it again." signed the Italian with something warm - deep even - in his eyes before turning to leave. I noticed a sticker on his ass: 'CIAO McQUEEN'.

As I walked to the exit, I smiled, slapped his ass and walked away. "Lightning! You~" Another burst of Italian insults was thrown at me as I was slammed against a wall. "You're acting like a child!" Glad we ended with that 3rd person shit. "Maybe, but I still have an adult body." I winked. What was I doing? Don't know, but it was fun. "You~ Do you have the slightest idea how worried we were. How worried was I? You don't seem to take it seriously. You aren't taking any of us seriously!" He looked done with me. Fuck... I slumped a little, making myself appear smaller against his body.

"I'm sorry. Do you want to go to my place to hang out?" It was a friendly offer to calm him down. It gave me a reason to be close to him too. Maybe he was my enemy in the race, but I can't tell if he's an enemy in real life anymore. "That's gay." He smiled. I started to laugh and laid my head on the wall. "That may or may not be true." I looked into those deep eyes, so prettily shining like his smile. "No, I think Francesco is fine for now." And here's the 3rd person's shit again! I giggled and nodded. "Okey, Francesco. But my offer stands."