2. That's sweet. :*

I was looking at the track I chose for our little race with Francesco when Mater came in to say hi. "You are sittin' at the computer the whole day! Come out! Let's do somethin'!" Mater sat at my table with a huge smile.

"Sure. As you said." I answered, oblivious to what he said. My focus is solely on the screen. I wanted this to be a perfect race that Francesco won't be able to win. Those wishes were mine!

"Are you listenin' to me?" The question was halfhearted since Mater knew how deeply I cared about all of this. "Oh really? That's interesting." I murmured and smiled, not letting my eyes off the screen. I would be paying attention to him, but a bunch of imperfections kept appearing from seemingly nowhere.

"You're not listenin' to me!" I flinched before looking at my best friend. Heat rose to the tips of my ears as the embarrassment flooded my body. "I'm sorry, Mater. Let's go now. I have some spare time." I smiled and stood up. The race on the screen glared at the back of my neck.

"YAY!" He jumped down and hugged me with bone-crushing force. "Yeah, I know. Let's go. We weren't talking much after the race anyway."

I started to laugh at one of Mater's jokes. "NO WAY!" I yelled and downed another glass of martini. Flo was making the best martini in the whole world. "Oh, you know it!" He giggled and laid his forehead on the bar, probably to ground himself.

"Huns' you're done." Flo came to us with a kind strict look on her face. "No~ I'm just starting," I said before looking around, hoping to find anybody to tell Flo I was telling the truth.

"You're not, son." I looked at the Sheriff behind me, who clearly sided with Flo, with puppy eyes. Usually, it would work, yet the stern posture remained unchanged.

"Not again, no. Come, I'll kick you out at your places." He said before gently grabbing my arm. The support was more than welcomed when my legs buckled under me. "Yeah, Flo was right. You're done." I clung more to him as I groggily argued that no, I, in fact, was not done. I went as far as to show him using my fingers that I only had a few drinks.

"What about you, Mater?" Smiling, Sheriff asked my friend, who could handle his drinks better than me. "I'm good." He stood up as if he didn't drink at all. "What 'bout my car~," I said, looking at my red Chevrolet.

"It's gonna be fine. I'll ask Guido to take it to your house." Satisfied, I nodded before letting Sheriff drag me to his car and seating me down. "Good boy." The praise made me smile while watching him sit in the driver's seat.

"Use your seat belt, and we are ready to go." I smiled and did as I was told. I laid my head on the window and closed my eyes. The window was cool to the touch, making my aching head better.

I woke up at Sall'y motel.

"My head." I felt like somebody beat the shit out of me yesterday. "Good mornin', sleepyhead." I looked at Sally, who was holding a plate with breakfast. It smelled so good!

"Oh, an angel, am I dead?" I asked and sat up, so I could take the food. Toast, eggs and apple juice! And next to it, as a very welcomed surprise: Tylenol! "Well, not yet, thanks to Sheriff." She said, and I started to eat one of the toasts covered in butter. "Tell him~ Oh no." My eye widened as Sally laughed with that sweet ringing tone. "Oh no? The Sheriff is gonna love that." I gave her a look before explaining: "Francesco is coming today!" Sally suddenly looked dazed as she remembered Francesco, who she'd seen half a year ago. "Francesco Bernoulli. Oh, that is the man I could love." Oh sure. "That's great! But I had to send him the location yesterday! Oh my god, I'm so stupid." I ran to my computer and pressed space. "Yes, just send it out." When I noticed the notifications on messenger, I bit my lip. The tips of my ears heat up. "Oh great! He must've left me at least five thousand messages."

Italian idiot: Did you decide?
Italian idiot: Oh so, Lightning got scared!
Italian idiot: Will you answer?

I looked through all of them, biting my lip with an amused smile that turned into a more anxious grimace.

Italian idiot: I swear if you got hurt...
Italian idiot: This is not funny anymore!

You're so sensitive for me :P: You
Radiator Springs tomorrow at 13:00, so you can have your beauty-sleep :D: You

Italian idiot: Francesco is not sensitive!
Italian idiot: And Francesco doubts that you care! When you didn't even bother to answer!

Oh, were you worried? That's sweet. :*: You

Italian idiot: I hate you

I closed messenger and looked at Sally, who was still spacing out. "Why don't you marry him, huh?" I asked her a bit more harshly than I intended. Jealousy doesn't suit me. "Uh, what?" I rolled my eyes and went back to my breakfast. My toasts were rubbery, my coffee was cold, and the only thing left was an apple. "Great." I took the toast and took a bite with a tiny frown. "Um. I will go now, bye." She waved at me and left. The kindest girl in Radiatorsprings was into Francesco. How lucky I have to be.