Chapter 4

I stared at the hair on the floor for what felt like hours when the ringing of the doorbell interrupts me. I quickly wipe my face with my hands hoping to make the evidence of my tears and run to the door. I open it up to find a lady on the other side.

'' Hello, can I help you?'' I speak out.

" You got to do a better job of hiding your feast" she gives me a look " they don't like it when you hunt in their territory"

" W-what do you mean?" I say feeling nervous with the lady's statement " I don't know what you're talking about"

"Your not that stupid are you?" she said raising a brow at me " vampires are very protective of their feeding grounds"

"Oh" I reply to her. "can you tell them I'm sorry, and that it won't happen again"

"Oh no no no, I don't know em," she says trying not to laugh.

"Then why are you here?" I ask confused.

" Well I saw you feeding on the guy earlier and thought you were cute so I followed you home," she said with a smile on her face.

" Your crazy," I say and try to close the door but she shoves her foot in the way.

" Come on," she says pouting easily detected in her tone. " we can be friends, good ol vampire buddies"

"I-I" I stutter trying to think of something that makes her leave me alone so I think and blurt out the first thing I can think of " I have a mate"

She laughs at that saying " ya right,  I didn't detect any other scent on you and your mate wouldn't have let you hunt in unsafe territory"

" D-don't make fun of me, I do actually have one" I respond slightly offended by how she brushed it off.

" How about I teach you somethings about being a vampire," she says pushing the door open so I can see her. " since it appears you know nothing because that mate of yours is really helpful," she says mockingly

"Hmph" I reply dejectedly, upset with this new lady.

"Well I think what you did to your hair is cute, I could fix the edges. I have cut tons of hair in my life" she says matter of factly  " So I would say I'm pretty much an expert"

"Well I don't know, you just showed up here at my home and I don't know who you are, " I say showing my concerns with letting the stranger into my home.

"I'll make it up to you," she says winking at me.

"Well there is something I need, and if I let you in you'll do it for me?" I ask.

"Of course," she says with a smile on her face.

"Well I need money for this month's rent," I say. " Something came up before I could make the payment'' I purposely left out the part I was kidnapped because I did not want her knowing that.

Her smile faltered after what I said. she sighed before responding " well if that's what it takes to earn a pretty lady's attention, it wouldn't be the first time"

" You don't actually have to, I don't need the money more than you do" I quickly tell her not wanting her to give me money, it was starting to make me feel weird for asking.

" I'm nowhere low on money if that's what your thinking," she says with her brows raised.

"Oh," I saw letting out a breath. "I know that's a weird request, but have to find a way to get money in time, ill pay you back as soon as I can"

"No its fine," she says with a short laugh. " now that where friends why don't I use my very experinced self fix your hair, It's starting to get to me"

I open my door to let her in.

" Id say this is a great start to a friendship," She says with a laugh " bribing you with money to spend time with me"

I let out a giggle, hoping this wasn't a mistake.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

688 words

Vote and comment!