Chapter 3

I wake up to find the sun just beginning to come up. I am surprised I slept so little but felt so alive and awake. It makes me feel nervous about the feeling. I get out of bed, forcing myself into the action not wanting to go through the day.

I make my way to the kitchen wanting to distract myself with food, but when I open the fridge a smell wafts out. I remember that I haven't been home in a while to have fresh food. I went to a cupboard and opened it. I look at the boxes and I feel my stomach drop and my want for food diminished.

I then make my way to the bathroom feeling sick. I walk in and see myself in the mirror. My blond hair a mess of horrible knots and curls. I grab my brush and start to brush my hair, but it kept getting caught in knots. I struggled to get it through my hair

With struggle with running the brush through it and the frustration brought tears to my eyes. I felt the need to just get rid of it, to change myself with my own hands. so I stood off the bathroom floor and I took the knife and I sliced my hair with tears rolling down my cheeks. It was ragged and at an odd angle, cut above my shoulders, but it made me feel powerful. To have the decision to look and feel like I want, not what others around me want.

so I stood there in front of the mirror looking at myself. Feeling a little more in place of who I want to be, but that feeling is soon replaced by regret. I look around me to see my hair scattered on the bathroom floor.

My hair was often the topic of those around me. They loved how blond it was, how it would fall in lovely curls and bounce as I stepped. And women who wanted to be my mother so they could have a pretty child with pretty hair. They would play with it, brush it, and dress me up like a doll because it made me look cute. The one thing that everybody liked about me

And now it was gone.   

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
379 words

Vote! comment!