Prologue

COPY-RIGHTED! THIS IS MY WORK, if you steal it, I will sue. :)

I'll feel flattered you thought it good enough to steal, but either way, I will not be happy.

~~~~~~

Reality hit our world hard. Realizations and revelations were thrown at us from all angles. Nothing would ever be the same.

I knew that, even being 12. 

I remember waking up over summer break, yawning and stretching, shoving my cat off my lap in the process. I remember hearing movement downstairs, and being momentarily petrified, because it was around noon time and my mom was at work. Well, she was supposed to be.

I remember grabbing the closest thing I could as a weapon, which happened to be one of my stupid unicorn sculptures I used to collect when I was 5, and snuck out of my room and towards the staircase.

I had heard the dining room chairs scraping on the floor, and thought it was weird that an intruder would be chilling in the dining room, until I heard my mom’s chocked cry.

It was something I hadn’t heard since I was 9 and my father had left.

Dropping the heavy unicorn, I remember running down the stairs and towards the sound of her cries, only to find her in the kitchen now, watching our small TV with tears in her eyes.

“Mom? What’s wrong?” I remember walking up to her, my eyes following hers to the screen.

What I saw made me gasp.

There, on the screen, was complete chaos. Fire and lights, and people running. I couldn’t understand it, but the huge words running across the screen shouted at me loud and clear. 

EARTH BEING INVADED?

EXTRA-TERESTRIALS STEALING HUMANS?

I didn’t understand. 

Not then.

My mom had been silent, but then she grabbed me by my shoulders, spun me around, and bent at the waist to look me in the eyes, “Jaylee, you listen to me, okay baby girl?” I had nodded, “Things will be very different from now on. Things have happened, and no matter what, you remember that I love you, okay?”

I remember frowning, but I nodded. Of course my mom loved me. She always had.

“Good, because baby girl they’re coming for you.”

~~~~

That day changed my life forever. Because they did in fact come for me. The second the words left my mom’s mouth, our front door was thrown open and huge men stormed into our house. I was ripped from her arms, and our cries mingled together as I was dragged out of my home.

Out to the huge plane-like ship that was waiting for us, a walkway put down like a mouth.

I’d love to say there was eerie fog and a weird white light coming down the walkway, but there wasn’t and as I was dragged up into the ship, I looked behind me towards my crying mother.

My heart broke.

I had been dragged to a completely white room, in where I was fastened to a bed by my wrists, ankles, and waist. They even had a metal band fasten around my head.

I screamed, oh god I screamed as loud as I could when a tall skinny lady came in with a huge syringe in her hand. I tried my best to wiggle away from her as she neared the crook of my elbow with it, but there was no avoiding it as it slid into my skin.

After she shoved the liquid into my blood, she left quickly, leaving me screaming. Though my screams weren’t as powerful, or shrill, and my vision was starting to blur.

As I slipped away, my mind frantically searched for answers, but came up blank. My last thought before I completely slipped into the dark was I hope I wake up.

Little did my poor little mind know then that not only would I wake up, but it would be in a completely different world.

~~~

Hello readers! 

I have begun this as well as my werewolf story. This will be my second story on Wattpad, though I have been a reader for awhile. Anyways, this idea has been flopping around in my brain for awhile, so I thought I would share it. I'm not completely confident about it, so any ideas, critisism, advice, or anything would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and I hope you enjoy this one!

-Gabe