Chapter Eight

By the late afternoon we had been to at least ten different shops, and my feet were killing me. We had visited four different clothing stores, where Alanshia forced me to get fitted for five different Tethran dresses (which I have to admit were a lot more comfy than my Artoul dresses) and she also forced me to get fitted for various different shirts, pants, and shoes. 

I was tired. My body was tired. But no, that wasn’t the last of it. We went to four more different shops, these were food shops though, so I didn’t mind them so much. I especially loved the one called Tethran’s Tasty Treats, but that could have been because they had the most delicious pastries I had ever tasted.

Or because I got to see Zale in an apron, behind the counter, making sweets with the elderly owner. 

Either way- that was my favorite stop, because you bet your butt I did not enjoy the last two shops Alanshia dragged me into, and only me. 

And maybe you’ve already guessed what they were, I mean; dresses, shirts, pants, and shoes… what else could a girl need?

We were in the last one now, and I stepped out of the changing room for Alanshia to inspect the latest thing she had thrown over, which was a sea blue lace and silk chemises. The bust was close fitting, and made my chest stand out. The lace was a lighter shade of blue, and covered the bust and figuring down into an upside down V along the sides of my body, the center of the V being the dark silk. She had also through a matching pair of lace panties over, the same color as the silk.

To my horror, Alanshia was no longer alone. Instead, Lionel was sitting beside her on one side, Gile on the other, and in the store part I could see Jamison roaming around, things thrown over his arm. Behind the couch that Alanshia, Lionel, and Gile were sitting on though, stood a very grumpy looking Zale. 

Screeching, I threw my hands over my exposed parts, attempting to hide them from the guys’ view, but I knew it was too late. “What the hell, Alanshia?”

She was laughing, slapping her knee and laughing! “Oh my goodness, Jaylee, you have got to see your face!”

“Why are they here?” I yelled, jerking my head at the guys. I could feel their eyes on me, and knew they were looking at everything they could, while they could.

She stopped laughing, and wiped tears from her eyes, “They got done with their visits and knew we were here.”

I growled, “That doesn’t mean that they can come here and sit and watch me try on lingerie!”

Alanshia frowned now, “What do you mean, Jaylee? It’s not like you’re not wearing anything they haven’t seen before.

“That may be true, but they haven’t seen it on me,” I tried to reason with her, knowing she wouldn’t understand the customs I had grown up with.

She sighed, “Fine, I like that one. Stop there, and I’ll just buy the rest,” she stood, and walked away to her husband. Gile and Lionel sent last glances at me before following behind Alanshia.

That left Zale, standing there looking like a grumpy old man. “Can you leave?” I snapped at him, forgetting my modesty and slapping my hands on my hips.

He raised an eyebrow, “I think I’ll stay. Try something on in purple. It would look good on you.” 

His smirk infuriated me and I flipped him off, not even thinking that he probably wouldn’t understand.

I turned around, angry, and stomped into my changing room, ready to put on the clothes I had worn into town.

I didn’t remember to lock the door. So, as I was reaching behind me to undo the chemises, not paying attention like usual, Zale slipped in.