{Almost fall}

A/n: found it on tumblr so it's not mine

Warning: very slight angst fear injuries and fluff

Let's be honest, Dauntless training  can be brutal and painful, but I had never felt as much pain in my three days of being here, in my whole life in fact, when I punched that punching bag. As my fist slammed into the bag, stinging, burning pain spread throughout my wrist. It felt as though somebody had stabbed my wrist, and kept turning the knife around and around.

Trying to hold in a scream, I let out a gasp instead. I grabbed my hand, pulling it against my chest. Obviously, that didn't stop the pain, but I didn't know what to do. I thought about telling either Four or Eric, but telling I was afraid that telling them would make me look weak, and being weak is not what a Dauntless is seen as.

Apparently, I was bothering one of my overseers by not punching the bag for thirty seconds.

"Initiate! Why did you stop punching?" Eric yelled from halfway across the room, causing everybody to look my way. He looked at all of them. "Don't stop!" They all turned back around and started punching again like nothing ever happened.

"Um. Sorry." I said. I tried to speak loudly, but it came out as a whisper.

I tried to punch again, but as the fist that was hurt ran into the bag again, the pain was even worse. Once again, I grabbed my wrist.

Eric walked over to me. "Punch the bag." He said.

"I- I can't." I whispered.

"And why can't you?"

"I just can't." I didn't want to tell him that my wrist was hurt.

"Okay." He said. "Follow me."

As he walked off, I stood there for a moment, worried about where he was taking me. Maybe he saw that I had hurt my hand and is taking me to the infirmary. It wasn't until Eric stopped and looked back at me did I start to follow him, leaving the other initiates, and the punching bag, behind.

As we walked through the long, dark halls, I realized that it was not the infirmary that he was taking me to, it was the Chasm. No. I can't hang over the Chasm. Not with only one hand.

When we had finally reached the seemingly bottomless pit, Eric looked at me, grabbed my hand (not the hurt one thank goodness) and threw me over the edge of the piece of solid ground that kept him from falling. "Hold on for five minutes, and I'll forget your disrespect, or you could just not hang on at all."

A cry escaped my lips. I tried to hang on with my hurt hand but the pain was too much to bear. Tears were sliding down my face as I hung over the Chasm. I didn't know what to do. My fingers were hurting from the weight of the rest of my body, and they were going to slip. It hadn't even been a minute an a half. I wasn't going to make it.

Just as I began to fall, Eric reached down and grabbed my arm, pulling me to the ground. I collapsed onto the ground and stayed there until Eric took my hurt hand in his hand.

"Why didn't you just say that you broke your wrist, Y/N?" He asked, worry clearly in his voice.

"I didn't want to look weak." I croaked.

"Breaking your wrist does not make you look weak. You can't help it. You need to get to the infirmary. Right now."

We began walking, once again, but this time to the place that could actually help me.

"Hey, Y/N?" Eric looked at me. I had just realized that he had started calling me by my name, and not 'initiate'.

"Yeah?"

"The next time you break you wrist, please tell me before I make you do something that could kill you."

"I will, Eric. I promise." I said smiling.