ten

The next morning, I woke up in a very good mood, since Nate was back. His family was able to get back into the same house next door because the last owners moved out a few months ago. Once the boys found out he was coming back after school, they immediately invited themselves over.

Skipping to the bathroom, I did my normal morning routine, then applied my makeup. I plugged in my curling wand, and while waiting for it to heat up, I walked to my closet. Today's outfit consisted of black high waisted jeans with knee slits, a black Mary tank from Brandy Melville, and a jean jacket. I shoved my feet into my high top chucks and proceeded to loosely curl my hair. Once I was finished, I sprayed it with sea salt spray and fluffed it a little.

I grabbed my backpack and sped down the steps, a small smile plastered on my face.

"Goooodmorning," I sang as I grabbed a parfait from the fridge. I turned around and saw my family giving each other weird looks.

"What?" I slowly chewed my food.

"Why are you so happy and giddy today? Something up?" Dad teased. He and Mom knew Nate and his family were going to be back today, so they stayed home to help the Maloley's move back in.

"Ha ha, very funny Dad." I rolled my eyes, a small smile playing on my lips.

"She missed Naaaate," Shawn sang, a smug expression on his face.

I narrowed my eyes at him, but didn't stop the grin that made it's way to my face. Before my crush on Sam ever developed, I had a thing for Nate. Apparently he felt the same, but before he could ask me out, him and his family moved out to Oregon. Now that he's back, the feelings are slowly returning.

"Alright," Mom interrupted. "Go to school, don't want to be late." Her eyes then wandered to me.

"That was yesterday! It was one time, mama." I laughed, kissing her on the cheek. "Okay, I'm going to go. Come on, Shawn."

"Bye kids!" Dad yelled. Mom waved us goodbye and we were out the door.

The engine roared to life once I put in the key and we headed to school.

"So sis, you gonna bring Nate tomorrow for the party?" (A/N: it's Wednesday btw)

"Pretty sure he's already invited," I laughed. "Mike probably already heard he was back and texted him the details."

"Yeah, you're right. Wait, so what happened between you and Sammy? Are you guys on speaking terms yet?" He questioned.

"I'm trying my best to just ignore them, in all honesty. I don't need new rumors sparking up when people are already giving me looks of disgust," I huffed.

"Let loose tomorrow, sis. Forget about what's going on, alright?" Shawn lightly smiled.

"I definitely will," I chuckled.

I pulled into a parking spot and we got out. I split from Shawn and walked over to Serena and Blair. Before I could even say 'hey,' they squealed in unison and harshly pulled me closer to them.

"Did you hear?!" Blair beamed.

I was one hundred percent confused. "Hear what? I literally just got here," But my questions were answered when I heard my name being called from behind.

"Lily?" A voice that sounded very familiar, called.

I turned around and was shell-shocked at who was standing before me, hours early from his apparent arrival time.

"NATE!" I ran up to him and gave him a huge hug. He lifted me up off my feet, literally and spun me around. Once he set me down, I grabbed his cheeks - making sure I wasn't seeing things because of how excited I am.