Chapter Eleven~Music Class

"Settle down, kids!" Mr Hoppus called, silencing the class instantly. He wasn't a strict teacher, but people didn't want to get on the wrong side of him, everybody liked him.

"So I heard there was a new girl? Lindsey is it?" His eyes scanned the classroom, before focusing on the only face he didn't recognise. "Welcome Lindsey!" A large grin spread across his face.

Whilst Mr Hoppus was introducing himself again for Lindsey, I turned to look at Frank. He was staring down at his fingerless skeleton gloves, a small frown creasing his brow. Why did he look upset?

"Frank, are you okay?" I whispered, shuffling closer. He glanced up, before quickly nodding his head and muttering a quick 'I'm okay'. I glanced back at Mr Hoppus, who was watching us.

"Can I do my register now you've finished flirting?" A smirk spread across his face.

I felt my face begin to burn. Everyone in the room was giggling other than me and Frank. I glanced at him, noticing how red his cheeks were.

"Yes, sir." He murmured, looking down at his gloves again.

Mr Hoppus finished the register quickly, and told us the activity we were going to do. This term we were studying bands, which was great for Frank.

"Okay, so you can get into groups of three to five, grab your instruments, and get on with the work! Maybe even try to write a song for me?" He grinned, before letting the class collect their things.

I saw Frank waving at someone, and looked across the classroom to see Bob, the drummer from the band. He sauntered over to us, grinning.

"I love this unit!" He glanced over at me, his smile falling slightly. "Is she in our group?"

"Yes." Frank stated, without even giving me a chance to say - I would have said yes anyway.

"What does she play?" He asked, in a slightly mocking tone. Frank looked at me, curious himself.

"I..." I glanced at Lindsey quickly, who had already gotten one of the bass guitars from the stands. "I can't play anything."

That was a lie. I could play piano and a bit of flute, but what help would that be in a band? Especially a rock band.

"Can you sing?"

I looked at Bob, surprised. Could I? I'd never thought seriously about singing, I only did it for enjoyment.

"I..I don't know." I murmured.

"Okay, you're singing. Frank, guitar. Lindsey, bass." He grinned, noticing the bass already in her grasp. "I'll be the drummer."

I was the singer? Did I have a say in this?

"Don't think about complaining, Crissy." He grinned in a seemingly playful way.

I take that as a no.

I looked around the class, and noticed one group already practicing. A group of three, made up of a girl named Hayley, who was singing, and two boys, Jeremy and Taylor, both on acoustic guitars. The first thing I noticed was just how beautiful Hayley's voice was. How could I ever be as good as her? I'm not ever half as good, and they expect me to sing?

We moved into an empty practice room, with a drum kit, guitar and bass already set up, although Lindsey already had one. Frank picked up the guitar quickly, excited to start playing.

"So, I had a really good idea for a intro, listen!" Frank said enthusiastically, before playing a stream of notes which made no sense to me, but it still sounded great.