Chapter Four~The Way Brothers.

• Dedicated to My Chemical Romance

"Why was Gerard being so...horrible?" I asked Frank. We were on our way home, walking down a busy street, cars whizzing past us at full speed. Frank looked up at me-he had been staring at the floor-and shrugged.

"I don't know. I think he was just annoyed that you saw him after he had been..hurt." Frank sighed, looking back down at the floor. I wasn't sure that was the only thing. I think he just didn't like me overall.

I nodded, seeing there was no point in arguing about it. There was probably other reasons, but I didn't really care. If he hated me, he hated me-there was nothing I could do about it. We turned off onto our road, sharing an uncomfortable silence.

"Hey." Frank said suddenly, stopping infront of his house. "Do you wanna' come round for a bit? I mean, if you want to." He looked down, his face turning a pale pink.

"Oh, sure. I'll just have to ask my aunt." I smiled at him and started walking. "If she lets me, I'll be round in half an hour, okay?"

"Sure." Frank smiled. I darted into my house, threw my bag down and ran into the kitchen. My aunt looked up, surprised.

"Oh, Crissy, hay. What's wrong?" She asked, her voice happy and high as usual.

"Hi. Um, might I be able to go to Franks for a little while? Y'know, the boy next door?" I leaned up against the kitchen counter, trying to look casual, but I couldn't help but be a little bit tense.

"Oh, yes, of course! It's nice to know you've already gained a friend over here!" She grinned at me and looked back down at the dough she was making.

"Thanks!" I cried as I skipped off into my bedroom. Flicking through my wardrobe to look for something more casual, I noticed that my phone was buzzing. It was Emily. I smiled brightly as I read the text. Emily was my best friend. When she heard I was moving to America, she had actually cried. Now, we text each other every single day, telling each other about our lives without the other.

The text read:-

Crissy! Omg, I miss you so much, it's only been two days! Guess what?! You know Tom? The really hot boy I used to like? Well he asked me out! I don't know whether to say yes or no? What do you think?! And how was your first day? Tell me everything!!

Love, Emily.XOXOXO

I texted her back, telling her about my day, missing out the bit with Gerard. For some reason, I didn't want to share what had happened with Gerard, it felt too personal. I pulled on my black skinny jeans, a Nirvana t-shirt and messed up my hair a little bit-I prefered it like that.

After several minutes, I was knocking on Franks door. The door swung open just as the door bell ended, I looked up expecting to see Frank, but saw a quite short, brown-haired woman.

"Oh! You're the girl who just moved in next door aren't you? Crissy?" I nodded, smiling politely. "Ah, I think Frank said you were going to come round. I'll just get him." She hurried off down the corridor, her long brown hair swaying behind her.

"Fraaaankkkk!" She called. Something thudded on the floor above the hallway, and then there was the sound of hurried footsteps. Frank came hurrying down the corridor, a grin spread across his face.

"Hey!" He said enthusiastically, pulling his shoes on. "Wanna go to the comic store?"

* * *

"This one is really good!" He passed a comic to me, excitedly. We had been in the comic store for several minutes, and it seemed Frank knew the story line to most of the comics in there.