1. Beginning

Lightning's POV:

That stupid Italian! How could I end up second?! "Oh, Lightning, Amico! How unfortunate that Francesco Bernoulli kicked your ass. Again!" His laughter made my vision turn red as I clenched my fists in a poor attempt at calming down.

"What if I kicked your ass?" The growl that came out of me could only be described as inhuman. I could strangle that guy!

"Francesco would love to see that~ But you're too slow to catch him!" Taking a deep breath, I sweetly smiled at him. This smile was only for annoying paparazzi and at that moment for Francesco. "I must admit that you're pretty fast for somebody so fragile~" I grinned, folding my hands on my chest. I watched as his triumphant expression shifted.

"Fragile?! Fragile?! Francesco isn't fragile!"

I giggled as I stepped closer with that same smile not leaving my lips. Francesco's furious eyes landed on me as he towered over me. I must admit it I felt intimidated to be so much shorter. " Oh, really~? Show me then!" It was a blunt bunter to get him even angry, yet his face showed interest. "Show you? Oh, Francesco will show you! Let's have another race. Just Francesco and McQueen! The winner gets three wishes that the loser must fulfil." Francesco showed his perfect white teeth in a smile. I stepped back a little, my teasing becoming a real thing.

Three wishes? It sounded appealing, though there was no certainty of winning. "Or is Lightning scared?" I gasped as the offence hit me with a great deal of force.

Scared?

SCARED?

I'LL SHOW YOU SCARED!

"Fine, but I will choose the place, hm? Fair when you proposed the challenge." I said with a smile. It would be stupid of him to accept, so I felt confident in my refusal.

Francesco looked somewhere behind me, but then he looked me right in the eyes, unsure how to answer. "Or is Francesco scared?" Did I say: 'is Francesco scared'? I wanted him to refuse me. But the challenge and alone time in one place of my choosing only with Francesco thrilled me. Am I going crazy as this patriotic idiot?

"Francesco is never scared! Francesco accepts." I stretched out my hand with a devilish smile. Last, a poorly thought-out attempt at getting him to refuse. "Is it a deal then?" Italien looked at my hand for a while but then took it with a confident smile. "You should be afraid, Lightning." A flashy smile spread across Francesco's face as he pulled me closer. "I will crush you." His threat sent a shiver down my spine. It felt like the rush of adrenalin right before a race.

"On my field? Good joke. Ka-Cao Francesco." I waved and went to my team.

I'm looking forward to that, Francesco, you have no idea.

________________________________________________ 

Hi!
This is the beginning of my long journey to correct my mistakes and make this story more readable! I won't change the flow of the story itself; the plot and fillers will remain the same.
There will be no change in my schedule of 1 chaper a week for those who are running up ahead!
That's all! I wish you a nice morning/noon/evening!

BYE!