Chapter 13- Draco (This Past Year)

"Serena, why couldn't your father make it?" Mr. Malfoy asked as the two of us, along with Draco of course, made our way to our seats for the Quidditch World Cup. I'd only heard about the games, this would be my first time actually seeing it. And seeing it with Draco? Well, that only hightened my excitment. Even if Mr. Malfoy was there.

"He said he had some work to finish up. Anyway, Quidditch really isn't his thing." I responded climbing the stairs behind him and his son. Since they had picked me up at my house for the game, Draco had seemed on edge. Then again, he was almost always on edge around his father. I didn't know why, I always thought the man was kind and caring. But then again, I wasn't the one that lived with him. And, like usual, the three of us were wearing black. What can I say? The color suits both the Malfoys and the Snapes.

"Blimey dad!" A familiar voice up ahead called. "How far up are we?" A Weasley.

"Well, put it this way," Mr. Malfoy began, "if it rains, you'll be the first to know." Draco and I chuckled as we stood next to him. 

"Father and I are in the Minister's box. By personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself!" Draco and I followed his father as Draco spoke. That is, until Mr. Malfoy jabbed him in the gut with his cane.

"Don't boast Draco." He ordered. "There's no need with these people." We continued our way to the box.

Once in, Draco and I took two seats by the window and his father finally gave us some time alone. 

"You won't grow your hair as long as your father's, will you?" I teased.

"I might. As long as you don't grow your hair as long as your father's." I giggled while he chuckled, all the while we both stared into the other's eyes. This is how our whole summer had gone so far. Little jokes, giggling, staring into his eyes, and hardly a moment apart. With Crabbe and Goyle not around and both our fathers working harder than before, Draco and I have been able to really enjoy each other's company. 

"Can I ask you something?" I asked glancing over my shoulder to make sure no one was listening. "The other night, I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed the book I had been reading was missing. So naturally, I went to my father's room to check and see if he took it."

"Did he?" Draco asked bored.

"Yes but that's not the point. Listen. The sleeve on his arm was slightly higher than it usually is and I saw what looked like a tatoo. I pulled his sleeve up more and it looked like a snake coming out of a skull. Do you know what it is?"

"It's probably nothing. Maybe it's just some tatoo he got when he was younger or something. Don't fret." I smiled slightly at his attempt to comfort me. I could get used to a life like this. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat comfortably in the Slytherin common room. "I can't believe it. The first year Hogwarts hosts the Triwizard Tornament and we don't have a chance to compete." I complained.

"Those games are dangerous." Crabbe commented.

"So?" Draco and I said in unison. I guess we had spent a little too much time together this summer. 

"Serena, would you really want to be competing against Viktor Krum? You're so tiny compared to him he'd probably squash you." Goyle leaned against a pillar by the fireplace.

"Oh ha ha. I-" I began.

"And what would your father do? Snape would probably kill you."

I glared at him. The three of them know how much I hate it when he's brought up. "Anyone's father would. Why is mine the exception?" I stood up, completly angry at Goyle.

"I didn't say that."

"Well it sure sounded like it!"

"Serena calm down." Draco, still seated, placed his hand on my arm.

"No!" I stormed up to my dormitory and began to unpack, starting with my new pet. Before too long, there was a knock on my door and I muttered 'come in'.

"We need to talk." I turned around and looked at Draco shocked.

"You can't be in here! This is the girl's dormitory!" 

"I don't care!" He walked towards me and my heart began to race."What Goyle said, I'm sure no matter who he said it to, he would have said the same thing. I know you don't like it when we bring up your father," I began to glare at him as he spoke, "but too bad! At some point in these 7 years everyone's father will be brought up at least once. That's just normal Serena."

I stopped glaring and calmed down a bit. "I know, but it's different when your father is also your professor. None of you would understand what that's like."

"You're right, I don't. But-" A hissing sound came from behind me. I watched Draco try to look behind me and find the source of the hissing. 

"Is that a...snake??"

"Yes. Father said I could keep her with me during the term. As long as she remains in her cage of course. And it's perfect. Since all of the complaints about dorms will go to him, there's no possibility of her having to go home."

"H-Her?" Draco was still quite stunned and stared at the snake. 

"Yes. Bella. It's short for Bellatrix."