Chapter 2: Seeing Him Again

Ch. 2 Seeing Him Again

Y/N's POV
It's been four years since Monty's race in California, I miss him so much. We still are in a relationship though don't worry. If only grandpa saw him now, if any of you are wondering what happened to him, he... passed away. I'll miss him. But there was something strange about his garage when I was cleaning it out. There was a photo with grandpa, mom, and a strange man who was kissing mom's cheek? Maybe they used to be a couple back then, if I had found this sooner I could've asked grandpa about it. But he's in a better place now and this photo was taken in the past, it's not like I can just travel back in time and ask who the man is.

I still kept the photo just in case, you never know when you just might meet the man. There was a gathering outside and I went outside to check it out and see Monty! I ran over to him and pounced on him "Welcome back McQueen!" I said giggling as he turned to see me "Y/N!" he shouted as he hugged me tightly "God I missed you Y/N." "I missed you too." "McQueen!" shouted what sounded like Mater. We look to see him in his truck towing what looked like a lemon(a lemon is another word for a rusted old car that still kinda works).

I kiss Monty on the cheek as Mater ran over to Monty and started doing their cute handshake. "Oh, I have to show you two something." he took us to grandpa's museum and saw a Piston Cup with grandpa on it. It spelled Hudson Hornet Piston Cup "I can't believe they renamed the Piston Cup after grandpa." Monty sighs and looks grandpa's photos on the newspaper's "I know Doc said they were just old cups, but having someone else winning them just didn't feel right." "Well Doc would've been real proud of you." "Oh Mon- I mean McQueen, I also have something to show you as well." I said taking out the photo from my back pocket.

"This is Doc? He looks so happy, but, who is the man kissing your mothers cheek?" "That's what I wanna know too." "Come on McQueen! We have a whole summer to make up for!" Mater said breaking the moment. I took the picture and put it back in my pocket, I don't trust anyone with this photo, not until I find out who is this man. "Sure thing Mater, see ya tonight babe." Monty said pecking my lips before leaving with Mater. It's really adorable watching those two.

Time skip to the Wheel Well Motel 😄

I was waiting for Monty at a table with an incredible view of the town. Where is he? "Y/N!" I heard, I looked around and saw Monty dressed up. I giggled at how hard he tried, he wore a white blouse with a messed up red tie, tennis shoes, and dress pants that had a little dirt on them. "Took you look enough. I was starting to get lonely." "Hey. It's not my fault the motel was too far." we both laughed at his comment "This is nice, the view, you coming back, things couldn't get better." "You know I really missed you Y/N. It wasn't the same without you." "Aww that's sweet, it wasn't the same without you either. Pretty boring if you ask me."

"Good evening you two, my name is Mater. And I'll be your waiter. Ha Mater the waiter." oh boy "Mater? You work here?" "Yeah, I work here. What'd ya think? I snuck in here when nobody was look'in and pretended to be your waiter so I can hang out with you?" yes, I thought that as soon as you showed up. "Oh yeah how ridiculous would that be?" "Can I start you two lovebirds off with a couple of drinks?" "Yes. I'll have my usual." "I'll have that too." Mater looks at us shocked and confused "Uh, be right back!" he said before running away.

3rd person POV
Sarge's program was on and it reported about a millionaire that had gone missing for 36 days and turned up with out oil or gasoline in his tanks. He sold his oil fortune and turn his car into an electric one and searched for clean burning fuel. And he's done it! Naming it Allinol and wanting to let the world know what it can do, he creates a racing competition like no other. And invite the greatest racers from around the world to battle in the first, World Grand Prix.

And even calling one of fastest race car drivers in the world Francesco Bernoulli. And as of course he starts insulting McQueen. This pisses off Mater and makes a phone call to him, causing a commotion and a crowd to follow behind as well. "Hey Y/N what's with the commotion going on over there?" "I don't know, maybe a fight?" "Let's check it out." the couple went over and pasted the crowd of people and looked up at the screen. "It's-" "Francesco Bernoulli, maybe that's why there's crowd. Mama's boy is supposed to one of fastest racers in the world." Y/N said before hearing him insult McQueen "Where's the phone?" she asks in an innocent voice before Mater's voice.

Guido then points to Mater at a phone booth. "Excuse for one second." Y/N before grabbing Mater's little ponytail and pulling back. Now have the phone she spoke into it very calmly "Sorry about, that's McQueen's best friend." "And who are you supposed young lady. "His girlfriend, Y/N Hudson." "It's almost like you're saying you are related to the Hudson Hornet." "I am." "WOW! It's an honor to know that there's a next generation of great racers." "He's my grandfather, and could you tell Mama's boy to shut up, him talking is hurting my ears." Francesco is ticked and McQueen blushes at this newfound attitude "Hey babe, someone's on the phone and wants to talk to you."

McQueen walks over to the phone booth over to Y/N and takes the phone "Oh hey this is Lightning McQueen." "Francesco was insulting you and Mater, his insults are as weak as his driving." "What?! This is an outrage! A woman like you to show some respect respect!" "Those are strong words coming from someone so fragile." "Fragile! He calls Francesco fragile!" they ended up blocking him from speaking on account that there could kids watching this. "Wow, this sounds like this needs to be settled on the race course. What do you say Lightning McQueen, we have room for one more racer." Y/N nods her head at inhuman speed, everyone looks at him with pleading eyes. "Sorry but my crew is off for the season..." he hears noises coming from behind him and sees a banner and Guido popping off the corks on champagne bottles before say"Pit stop." "you know what, they just got back. Deal me in baby." Everyone around him cheers with joy and Y/N jumps into his arms before kissing him. "Y/N I know I just got back-" "Who said I was staying, I'm coming with you. Also Mater's gonna have a blast." McQueen gave Y/N a confused look "You're bringing Mater right? You never bring him to any of your races." McQueen looks at Mater before looking back at Y/N "Let him sit in pits, give him a headset, this will be a thrill of life time for him."

McQueen sighs before Mater walks to the holding drinks "Mater," "I didn't taste it." "how'd you like to come see the world with us?" "You mean it?" "Yeah. You got me into this thing. You're coming along." "All right!" everyone began to cheer louder before Y/N kissed McQueen again.