Chapter 6: Kid Meets His Parent

"My, Inspector Nakamori! It's been a long time!" Yukiko greeted the inspector of Division 2 who had come to visit the Kudo couple. "Please come in. I'm sure Yusaku will be happy to see you."

"Thank you, Kudo-san," the inspector replied politely. He entered the house with Yukiko leading him. Yukiko allowed her guest to sit comfortably on the sofa, and then she walked toward Yusaku's room to inform him about Ginzo's visit. Not long after that, Yusaku Kudo joined his guest, sitting face to face with the inspector and started to chat lightly while his wife prepared tea for them. After delivering two cups of tea for Ginzo and Yusaku, Yukiko sat beside her husband and joined the talk.

"I never thought you would come to visit Yusaku. After all, he rarely has any business with your division," Yukiko said.

"Well, your husband helped me many times in the past, so of course I can't just sit still when he got shot like this," Ginzo replied, then he looked at Yusaku with regret. "I'm sorry I can't visit you when you were still in the hospital. Kid's heist really took my time."

Yusaku laughed. "Don't worry, Inspector, I understand your predicament. He held two heists within a week when I was hospitalized, so of course you were very busy."

"That's right, and he got away again after stealing his targets," Ginzo sighed. "I wonder when I'll be able to capture him, really."

"But I thought you would be happy to see him again after his disappearance years ago?"

"Of course! He's my greatest rival after all. I don't know when I'll be able to catch him, but someday for sure I'll put him in prison!" Ginzo responded passionately, "but enough with that thief. I'm here to see how you're doing, Kudo-sensei," he quickly changed the topic.

"I'm fine, as you can see," Yusaku answered lightly. "I still have to rest at home for a couple of weeks though, and I need to check up on my health at the hospital every once in a week."

"When do you have to check up? And which hospital? Haido or Beika?"

"Every Friday at Haido Hospital," Yusaku answered. "Actually I had hoped to be able to check up in Beika, but since I have the surgery in Haido Hospital and hospitalized there, the doctor insisted I must have medical check up there."

"I see..." Ginzo nodded. "Well, it makes sense to me. After all, the doctor at Haido Hospital is the one who knows your health progress."

"That's true," Yusaku smiled. Suddenly a sound of footsteps was heard in the house, heading toward them. Not long after that, the three people who were sitting in the living room saw a man with glasses, his hands were full of plastic bags.

"Oh, Subaru-san, you're home," Yukiko said. She got up and approached him. "Thank you for your help. I'm sorry I can't go shopping. I really can't leave Yu-chan alone."

"It's alright, Yukiko-san," Subaru smiled, then he looked at Ginzo in the living room. "Seems you have a guest too. I'm glad I'm the one who went shopping for you."

"Ah, that's right! Subaru-san, this is Inspector Nakamori. Inspector, this is Subaru Okiya," Yukiko introduced the two of them to each other. Ginzo smiled politely and shook hands with the blond man.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Okiya-san. I'm Ginzo Nakamori from TMPD Division 2."

"The pleasure is mine, Inspector. I'm Subaru Okiya, a graduate student in engineering. I currently live here with the Kudos," Subaru replied with respect.

"Oh, engineering student? Which university?"

"Tohto University," Subaru answered, "but I'm surprised to see an inspector from Division 2 here. I don't know Yusaku-san has an acquaintance there."