Chapter 1

Monday's was always hectic for me, having straight classes from 8-12, without moving your butt could be so frustrating. I don't understand why my department can't be like others, clustering classes together, their busybodies is getting out of hands, If you are wondering who I am referring to, I'm referring to the course reps. I feel so exhausted. My friend Maryam doesn't look different either. We are both walking out of class, after hours of boring lectures. The fact we didn't eat this morning still remains. Our GNS lecturer can be so strict. A minute late, you won't be allowed into the classroom, we usually have him from eight to ten. I'm still busy nursing my hunger when Maryam's voice catches my attention.

"I'm so hungry! Muni, " Maryam says to me in a low tone, and a tired expression. Meanwhile I pick up my phone.

"Girl, am starving. Let's go over to the school cafeteria!" I respond.

The look on Maryam face is priceless. She turns to me like I was some crazy person "Did you just say the school cafeteria?" She asks.

" Indeed. Wasn't that what you heard?" I asked laughing a bit.

Maryam takes a good look at me, the look on her face was priceless. She looked like she was going to slap me, at any moment if I made such a suggestion again.

  We studied at Nile university. The food in the cafeteria is the worst food you could ever taste. Ok, Am been a bit dramatic here but the food is really bad. You couldn't manage it, the worst part was that they still got customers. Most times I wondered if the food only tasted horribly in our mouths. We always ate outside the school.

––—–—––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––—–––––––––––

Did I ever mention that food was my best friend, oh wait I said Maryam, I take that back? Eating fried rice and chicken with a chilled diet cola after a very boring class was the best.

Maryam ordered fried rice, salad with a chilled bottle water, Most times I think she eats healthier than I  do. But what can I do?

Eat healthier that's what u can do. The little voice in my head said. I never knew Maryam had been watching my weird facial expression.

"Are you okay. Muni?" She asked

"Dont I look okay?" I asked, then we looked at each other, and both bursts into laughter. That was how crazy we were.

After laughing for what felt like an eternity with tears in my eyes "Aalhamdullilah" I used my waterproof liner and mascara, Maryam looked down after her phone pinged and started typing furiously then giggled.

I knew why she giggled but still decided to ask her directly.

"You just finished laughing your a** out and you're still giggling? Me e faru(what's wrong)?"

"Nothing. Othy just texted me," She responds, sparing me a glance briefly.

Othy, Maryam's fiance for almost four years.

"Okay!" I responded. Leaving her to continue texting, I quietly bring at my phone, only to see a text from an unknown number. Knowing who was capable of giving my number out, I turn to Maryam.

"Maryam did u give my number to someone?" I asked her.

"No, I didn't. Why would I? What's wrong? " Maryam asks. With the look on her face, I knew she wasn't lying.

"I just received a text from an unknown number!" I told her then she looked at me weirdly

" let me see!" She asked, I quietly hand it over to her.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
A/N
Hey guys, I'm soo sorry this chapter is short but I'll do better Insha Allah
And I might use some Nigerian native language but I will say the meaning in bracket beside the word.
Thank u so much for coming this far
💙💙😘