Chapter 17

Evie POV

"All right, boys." Carlos said to Squeaky and Squirmy. "Let's hit the road." Jay told the young twins. "You're gonna see him soon, okay? Come on." Carlo said to them. "Do you have everything?" Tremaine asked Dizzy. "Yes, I have everything." Dizzy answered. "Are you sure?" Lady Tremaine asked. "I'm sure, Granny." Dizzy stated. "Oh, really?" Lady Tremaine asked pulling out a glue gun. Dizzy gasped. "My glue gun." Dizzy exclaimed. "I don't know what you're going to do without me." Lady Tremaine told Dizzy. "I'll miss you." Dizzy told her. "Go on, go on." Lady Tremaine stated. Dizzy looked at me. I gave her a wink and Dizzy turned to Lady Tremaine and gave her a hug. "Goodbye, Granny." Dizzy told her. I walked to Dizzy into the limo. I looked over to see Haden conversing with Scorch. Scorch glanced over at me and asked Haden a question. Haden turned to look at me before smiling. He turned to Scorch before putting a hand on Scorch's shoulder. A couple of seconds later, Haden and Scorch celebrated with high-fives and did a handshake. Scorch climbed into the limo and Haden looked over at me shoving his hands into his pocket before shrugging with a smirk. I shook my head before I entered the limo followed by Mal and Ben. Haden hung back for a second. "E, What's Haden doing?" Mal asked me. "I have no idea. Probably giving the Isle one last look." I said with a shrug. I watched him shake his head before getting into the limo and sitting beside me. "Everything, okay?" I asked looking at him. "Uh...yeah. Just...thought I someone." He said letting out a sigh before giving me a smile. I turned to Dizzy. "So, as soon as we get to Auradon, you have to try ice cream." I told her. "And go swimming?" She asked excited. "I can take you to the Enchanted Lake." I suggested. Dizzy squealed. "I can't believe I get to live with you in your very own castle." Dizzy said. "It's just a little starter castle. It's nothing compared to Haden's." I said. "Huh? What happened?" Haden taking his attention away from the window. "Tell Dizzy how big your castle is." I said. "It's big. But it's not that big." Haden said before turning to look out the window again. I furrowed my brows. "Who are you kidding, H? You're castle is one of the biggest in all of Auradon. They don't call you the God of the Underworld and Riches for nothing, you know?" Mal asked him. "Uh-huh." He said absentmindedly staring out the window. I shared a look with Mal, Carlos, and Ben. The limo crossed the barrier when I noticed Haden's breathing become shaky and his eyes went wide. "No." He whispered. "Haden? What's wrong?" I asked. "Stop the car. Stop the CAR!" Haden shouted. I looked at Mal who was immediately that Haden was worried. If something made him worried...it was never good. Jay hit the brakes and that's when I looked out the rear window. A man with blue hair just like Haden's stood at the barrier and had his arm through. Haden snapped his fingers and disappeared out the limo in a puff of blue smoke. He reappeared outside standing in front of the barrier. He stood face to face with the only thing that he's ever feared. His father. Hades. The former God of the Underworld. "Haden." I stated clambering out the car with the others and watching Haden face his dad. 

Haden's dad got his head through the barrier

Haden's dad got his head through the barrier. Not good. He also got his most prized possession through, his ember. Double not good. "I AM A GOD!!" Hades shouted as his hair went up in flames. "I DON'T BELONG HERE!!!" He yelled. "NOT ANYMORE! YOU'RE NOT! ZEUS REVOKED YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU TRIED TO KILL ME!!" Haden roared back thunderously as he pulled a pen from his pocket and clicked it. "YOU DON'T KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT BEING A GOD!!!" Hades roared. The pen morphed into a bronze sword. "I KNOW IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KILLING!!!" Haden screamed as he ran at his father. Hades aimed the ember at him and fired. Blue flaming energy blasted into Haden and sent him flying passed me and pass the limo to tumble across the gold bridge a couple meters ahead. "HADEN!" I called out. Hades laughed as he widened the hole in the barrier. The bridge rumbled a bit before a searing heat hit my back. I turned around to see Haden had transformed into a smaller version of his God form with his two-pronged spear in his left hand. "THAT'S MY TRUE FORM!!!" Hades raged. Mal went up in a cloud of purple smoke and became a dragon. Hades looked at the dragon Mal in the sky and the running form of Haden dragging his bident across the bridge creating sparks. "EVIE!! DUCK!" Haden boomed. I ducked down as he jumped over to me as he spun the bident in the air. "MAL!! NOW!!" Haden shouted to Mal. Mal fired a ball of fire at Hades who was currently blasting Mal with the energy from the Ember. The fireball hit Hades but only moved him back a bit. "HADES!!!" Haden roared. Hades looked at his son in the air before Haden slammed the bident into the ground and a shockwave sent Hades flying back into the Isle. Haden stood before the barrier glaring at his father. Haden held a tight grip on the bident. I could tell that Haden wanted to do more. And I couldn't stop him in this state. Haden stepped through the barrier twirling the bident. Hades got to his feet. "How are you doing magic?" Hades asked him. Haden never answered before swinging the bident into Hades. Haden stepped through the barrier and helped Carlos and Ben to their feet. Mal unsteadily descended from the sky. Haden stretched out a hand and caught her and set her down before returning back into his human form. "Haden--" I started before he snapped his fingers and disappeared in a plume of smoke and flew back to Auradon in a trail of neon blue smoke. I watched him leave before getting into the limo with the others. "I'm confused. I thought Hades was the God of the Underworld?" Scorch asked. "That's right...the news here is old. "Haden is the new God of the Underworld after his father tried to kill him." I explained. I looked out the window watching the blue trail speedily enter Auradon.