C h a p t e r 4 7

Five days had passed, and the same activity had taken place in the hall

Five days had passed, and the same activity had taken place in the hall. Five days of intense prayer and intercession. The Preaching and Prayer just happens simultaneously, mostly with Gabriel speaking. There was no organization, no programme, no precentor, no presiding elder. Everything was left to the direction of the Holy Spirit.

The students didn't even wait for 1PM to come. As early as 5AM in the morning, there were already students praying. For the past few days, tila ba sa sobrang excited ko ay alas sais pumupunta na rin ako. The prayers lasted for a whole day, sometimes even till late evening katulad kahapon. 11PM na kami naka-uwi. My stomach seemed to churn in excitement. Oh Lord, that Your Presence would overcome us completely!

Ini-angat ko ang cellphone at chineck ang oras. 8:14AM. Nakangiti kong ibinalik ang phone sa aking bag at laking gulat nang matanaw ang last floor ng Taylor's Apartments. People stood even to the floor's outdoors.

Swiftly I rushed towards the building, eyes focused as I ran up the stairs. The echo of cries and wails were heard to the outside, and curiosity began to get the best of me. Agad akong pumasok, and as soon as I stepped in, my eyes widened. Almost the whole hall is filled. Gabriel stood in the midst of the crowd, praying for people one by one, who then also one by one fell to the floor.

Oh Lord, oh my Lord, what is happening?

I saw Ma'am Johanna from where I stood, and immediately I ran towards her. "Ma'am?" She looked at me, "Ma'am, a-anong nangyayari?"

She smiled, wiping the tear from her cheeks. Akmang magsasalita na siya nang may maramdaman kong may kumalabit sa akin. I turned my gaze, "Grace, I think you might need to use this," Sambit ng tatay ni Ryan sabay abot sa akin ng mic, "People are streaming from the outside, all wanting to come in. The hall won't be able to contain us all, but if you speak through the mic they will be able to hear till the outside."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko. Once more I turned to Ma'am Johanna, "Ma'am?"

"Don't fear, Grace," She spoke, "This has nothing to do with us. It is all God. Prepare yourself," She laid a hand on my shoulder, a tear slipping off her eyes, "Revival is breaking out."

I felt a tear escape my eye, my heart jumping to life as soon as I heard her words. "Ma'am, h-hindi po ba kayo ang kakanta?"

Umiling siya, "Just go ahead and lead, dear,"

I released a shaky breath, gaze probing the people-filled hall as I prepared to sing. I reached for the guitar that leaned against the wall, plugging it to the nearest amplifier in the Hall's front as I secured the mic on a stand. The minute I began to strum, my heart was filled with an intense desire to worship.

"You are here, moving in our midst,
I worship You, I worship You,
You are here, moving in this place,
I worship You, I worship You..."

I continued to sing, each word a melody from my heart. Tila ba nag-uumanapaw ang saya habang kumakanta ako. I lifted my voice, releasing a long shout of praise.

"Yes, You are,
Waymaker, Miracle worker,
Promise-keeper, Light in the darkness,
My God, that is who You are!"

I did another round of the songs, lost in God's Presence that overwhelmed the place. Dahan-dahan kong inimulat ang aking mga mata. As soon as I saw the people, my heart was gripped with compassion. Hunger was evident in their faces, the cry of each spirit manifesting in their physical. It was a scene I have never seen before. I don't even recognize most of the youth that are present. Saan kaya naggaling ang mga ito? At sino kaya nag-invite sakanila? I didn't know, but what I did know is that, God is moving, indeed - and it had nothing to do with us, it was all Him. 

I lowered my gaze, singing another round of the song's chorus when gradually conviction began grip my being, a leading so strong that it held me to a stop as I sang. I began to pray in tongues, now singing in spontaneous praise.

"That's who You are!
Jesus,
You're a Waymaker, Oh Lord,
A miracle worker...
If you could then,
Then You can do it now!"

I lifted my voice, pitch reaching higher notes with every declaration. Gabriel was now among those who were worshipping, his hands lifted in surrender and praise. Again, I shut my eyes, allowing the Holy Spirit to move with every word that slipped my tongue. 

"Let there be healing in this place," I declared in tune, "Let there be healing in this place! You are the same yesterday, today and forever! So if You could do it then, then You can do it now! Ohh!"

Ipinagpatuloy ko ang pag-awit, heart soaring as God's Presence seemed to flood my very being. It came to the point of complete immersion that it took the loudest voice to tear me from it. I opened my eyes, mind wondering as I saw a woman jumping in glee among the people, crying incessant tears as she praised God.

"I am healed!" She exclaimed, running through the crowd as she spoke "M-magaling na ako!" I gazed at her in wonder, tears streamed from her eyes, and the more she praised, the more I came to recognize her. Wasn't this the woman holding a cane earlier?

The crowd broke into applause, shouting praises to God as they saw the blind woman begin to see. My whole being trembled in amazement, and with this I resumed to sing, unearthly heat now engulfing my body with each word. I heard people slain to the floor, but I kept my gaze shut.

Overwhelming joy and incitement raged in my heart, but at the same time, assuring peace overflowed in my being. Hallelujah! Lord, let it be as You have willed! Let this hall be shaken with Your Presence! Let this entire region be aware of Your convicting power! 

"You are worthy!" I sang, lifting my hands, "Yes, You are! Yes, Yo-" Natigilan ako nang may maramdamang kamay sa aking balikat. I turned my gaze, and upon doing so, two well-dressed men occupied my perception. They both had scowls on their faces, an expression that surely expressed the obvious displeasure they felt.

"You have to stop this, Miss," A man said coldly, "This is turning hysterical. This is not of God!"

I was taken aback as I heard his word. I stood silent, gaze shifting as the other man began to talk. "I am Bishop Melvin Samokey," The older man introduced, "Itigil niyo na itong gawaing kulto an ito."