Chapter 15

"I cannot believe you convinced me to get naked in a bed with you."

Hunter chuckled and ran his hand down his right leg. Ash pulled the blankets closer around her neck. She had been reluctant and only took her clothes off when Hunter shrugged at her and began to strip. It was too dark in his room for him to tell she had turned red at the sight of his naked body, the only light filtering in through the window from the street lights.

"You agreed to it," Hunter murmured as he leaned over Ash to her bed side stand and pressed the heat up and on. He smiled down at her blue eyes. She was nervous laying in the bed next to Hunter, though she didn't understand why. Ash had done this countless times, hugging Hunter and sleeping close to him.

"I know," Ash mumbled into the blanket.

It stayed quiet for several moments, Hunter's steady breathing purring in her ears as he shifted next to her. He had made sure she was under the sheet while he laid above it. Hunter didn't want to make Ash uncomfortable.

"Ash?"

"Yes, Hunter?"

"Uhm, about the shower..." Hunter cleared his throat and scoot himself directly next to Ash, her hair had been pulled into a tight bun. "I..." Hunter looked at her neck, and swallowed quietly. "You'd be gorgeous either way."

Ash turned to look at him, her hand brushing his shoulder. "What?"

"You'd be gorgeous with fat or without."

"Uhm..." Ash bit her lip and shook her head. Hunter groaned and moved so he was just above Ash, their lips centimeters apart.

"Can I show you..?" Hunter whispered, his elbows dropping him on Ash's frail body softly. His hips touched hers and she gasped quietly.

"H-Hunter..." Ash stuttered, she was brilliant red as Hunter gently bit her cheek.

"Yes?"

"Sh-show me w-what?"

Hunter sighed and propped himself up off of Ash. "How your body shouldn't matter on what people think of you."

"It doesn't matter what-"

"It matters to you, but the words from a stranger have much more impact on you than you do yourself. Please, Ash," Hunter pleaded in a near silent whisper.

"Hunter..." Ash sighed his name and turned her head to look at the clock to the right. 1:30 AM. Any sane person would be asleep by now. Her eyes tightened and then turned to Hunter. "How do you show me something I don't understand?"

"Here," Hunter sat up and put a pillow on his lap, motioning for Ash to do the same. She propped herself on her elbow and grabbed the sheet, pulling it up and under her arms to cover her breasts.

"You know that I like curvy women, right?" Hunter was looking at Ash's sides and waist. She nodded. "I prefer a curvy woman over anything... But you're not 'anything'. You're... You're my best friend." Hunter moved his hands to her waist and gently pulled her to his lap. "Do you trust me?"

Ash nodded slowly and let Hunter slide his hands into the sheets. His eyes were locked on Ash's face, watching for discomfort as his fingers traced the ridges of her ribs to her spine. Her eyes closed and her chest fluttered nervously.

"You don't have to," Hunter said as his fingers ran down Ash's chilled spine. She shook her head. Her hands moved underneath her and grabbed the pillow Hunter was using to cover himself. She bit her lip and tugged the pillow out from below herself and looked up at the ceiling.

Hunter fingers wrapped tightly around Ash's waist as he roughly pulled her against him.

"Do you trust me?" Hunter leaned into Ash's neck.