The Small Spark and the Calm River

Bonnie's POV

I stood up on the cliff and felt the calm breeze as I looked up to the sky. The clouds were light gray as they started to fill with rain.

"Just breathe you can do this." I whispered to myself. I rose my hand up in the direction of the clouds. They immediately turned to a dark gray as I could feel the lightning forming inside the clouds. I opened my eyes and shot a bolt of lightning down at the ground near me. I was so excited I started jumping up and down. After I calmed down I made all the lightning in the clouds disappear to get rid of any suspicion. I turned around to head back home when I heard footsteps coming towards me. I hid behind a tree and some bushes as a boy with a half light blue and half dark blue sweater walked out. He also had black pants, dark blue shoes and eyes, with some light and dark blue in his hair. He was definitely a water element. I mean the blue part of his hair looked like a wave and the rest of his hair was brown.

I stepped back to sneak away but I stepped on a branch and it snapped loudly. He turned his head in my direction and I froze.

"Is anyone there?" He asked.

"Who's asking?" I replied.

"My name is Eric. What's yours?" He said.

"It's Bonnie." I replied.

"That's a nice name." He said.

"Thanks." I said.

"Could you come out so I can see you?" He asked.

I was nervous to walk out since I'm sure he would be surprised by how much yellow I wore. I forced myself to walk out and just like I thought he was surprised when he saw me. I mean everyone wears the color of their element not to mention everyone's eyes are different shades of their elements color. My elements color is yellow which is strange to everyone else since the lightning elements have been dead for years along with the other three secret elements. I think he knew how nervous I was cause he asked, "Hey are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I just don't really talk to people very often." I said.

"Oh I'm sorry." He said back.

"Don't be sorry, I'm fine really." I said trying to make him feel better.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said as I smiled but I think he could see through my lies. I've never really had a friend before. I've never really talked to someone this long since it happened. After my parents died no one ever talked to me cause they saw me as weird for wearing yellow instead of one of the colors of the main elements. I was either at my house or at the cliff. I always felt closer to my parents on the cliff so I went there often.

"Ok what ever you say." He definitely knew I was lying. We talked for a while and I learned he was 15 three years younger than I was. I looked up to the sky and saw it was starting to get dark.

"I'd really love to continue this conversation but I need to get home." I turned and started to head home.

"Oh ok. Will I ever get to talk to you again?" He asked. I stopped in shock no one ever wanted to talk to me.

"Um if you want to. We can meet here again tomorrow if you'd like." I replied.

"Sounds great! I'll see you tomorrow." He said as he left.

I turned back around and started heading home. I was starting to get excited I had always wanted a friend, and now I had a chance at getting one. I walked up and opened my door and walked to my bedroom. I opened the window and looked at all of the stars in the sky.

"He might be the first person who is willing to be my friend mom and dad." I said as tears started to run down my face. I talked to my parents often even though they weren't alive I knew they could hear me. I got in bed and thought about meeting Eric tomorrow but I also thought about how bad it would be if he found out about my element. I was the only lightning element left I was scared of what would happen if word got out about my element. I always assumed the worst possible situations. I closed my eyes and thought of my parents smiling at me when I was young and was able to fall asleep with them on my mind.