Breaking Free

Hagen's POV

I looked trough the vines and saw everyone sitting and talking to each other.

"What am I going to do?! How was I going explain myself to them?!" I whispered to myself.

The flame that guided me there appeared again and went through the vines.

"What's that?!" I heard Rosie say.

I froze, I was terrified of how they would react to seeing me after everything I did to them. Especially Aria, her wrists were in such bad shape from the rope I gave the police to tie her hands with.

"Chris What do you think?" Zane asked.

I peaked through the vines and saw Chris stand up and walk up to the flame.

"I think it a guide flame." Chris said.

"A guide flame?" Bonnie asked.

"Yeah it appears and guides someone to where they're needed." Chris replied.

"Do they really need me here?" I thought to myself.

"But who's following it?" Aria asked. I could tell she was nervous.

I saw the bandages on Aria's wrists and I couldn't help but feel guilty. I was part no I was the reason she got hurt.

"I can't do this." I whispered.

"Whoever it is they can't be bad can they?" Conner asked.

"I don't think they would since Chris did say it leads them to a place they're needed so I would assume it's someone who can help us right?" Eric said.

"But shouldn't they be here already? I mean the flame is just sitting there." Ava said.

"The flame will disappear after whoever it was leading gets to their destination." Chris said.

"What happens if you ignore it?" Rosie asked.

"It won't leave you alone until you do follow it." Chris replied.

"Does this only happen to Fire elements?" Conner asked.

"A Fire element has to be present for a guide flame to appear." Chris replied.

"So it would appear for all of us because you're here right?" Ava asked.

"Yes it would." Chris said

"So we know that there's at least a Fire element if it's a group of people but it could also only be one person who's a Fire element." Bonnie said.

"But who do we know that's a Fire element and willing to help us besides Chris?" Zane asked.

Everyone went silent and I bit my lip. Of course no one would say me I mean I locked them in the dungeon for crying out loud who would trust someone like that.

"The only person I can think of is Hagen." Aria said.

My head shot up and my eyes widened. Did she really say my name?! Why would she think I would be of any help after everything I did to them.

"Hagen are you crazy?!" Chris said.

Aria nodded and I looked down at the ground. Chris and I used to be really good friends, but we grew apart after my uncle started to force me to study and train to be the leader of the police.

"Why would you think Hagen would help us?" Ava asked.

"When I first got to the castle he told me to keep Coco hidden or he would be killed." She said as she petted Coco's head with her right index finger. "He also brought a first aid kit to my cell for my wrists." Aria said.