Chapter 4 - Enemies

"There's no need for that."

Ruby raised her arm and slid her hood down to reveal her face in front of Adam. Her hair seemed to be a little redder under the moon, and her silver eyes glowed like a moon itself.

"Hey, Adam. Long time no see."

Chapter 4

At the sight, Adam was stoned for a moment. He looked at her from top to bottom, trying to make sure that he wasn't mistaking the person.

"As much as I am glad to see you again, I must say that I am not only pleased tonight."

Ruby said. That voice. Ruby's voice has surely changed over the few years, but Adam could still recognize it. His face immediately brightened. Even though Ruby couldn't see his eyes because of the mask, she could tell that he was smiling like a child from the way his lips were twisted up. Obviously, he wasn't listening to what Ruby had to say.

"Ruby, that's-that's you, right?"

"Yes, Adam. It is me."

"I thought you were dead and I-"

Adam immediately walked up to Ruby and held her in his strong embrace. Ruby didn't push him away. Instead, she returned his hug with a puzzled expression on her face.

Not even the monsters only had their bad sides. No, not even Adam Taurus only had a destructive personality. Even though most did not know of it, he did have a caring side.

"I'm so glad to see you alive and safe. And when, when have you grown so much? And what happened to your horns? It must have been the filthy humans, isn't it?"

Adam said as he finally let go of Ruby from his hug. For he sounded pleasant, but soon his words were filled with angst. His strong anger towards humans was almost too much for Ruby to handle. 

"Well, the horns... That's a long story. Anyways, yea, I've grown, but says the man who is at least a head taller than me."

"Well, I'm a male, so it isn't anything strange, isn't it?"

"I suppose."

The silence struck the two, and it was mainly because Ruby showed no will on continuing on with the conversation. She looked down at her feet for a moment and stepped back from him.

"Adam, I-I have a question. ... Are you a member of a White Fang?"

She already knew the answer. Blake told her about Adam. Even his masks were giving it off. But Ruby could only wish that this was some sort of a sick joke played on her. She strongly wished that Adam would deny that he was part of a White Fang. She hoped so hard that he would be the same Adam from 10 years ago, just as how she remembered him.

"I am."

Adam answered without hesitation. He even sounded proud to admit that he was a member of a White Fang. However, Adam did not notice the frustration shown on Ruby's face from his answer. The White Fang was now on the wrong road. They weren't doing what's right for their own people. And Adam was a part of such an organization.

"You should join us as well. You'll be safe there, and I-we, we will be together as a family. Just like how it used to be, and how it's supposed to be."

"Adam, no."

Ruby finally answered as she looked up at him.

"Adam, do you know why I wasn't only pleased to meet you tonight? As much as I love you, the more I hoped that you wouldn't show up tonight. Do you know the reason for it?"

"... I'm not catching it."

"Adam, you see, I'm training to become a huntress."

"What?"