forty

YES I'M STILL ALIVE

I'm v v sorry for the massive hiatus on this story but I had things to do, people to see and I really should be revising for my mocks right now but I think you guys have waited long enough so...YOU'RE WELCOME; I'm sacrificing my education for you people, I hope you appreciate that (only jking ofc)

// chapter forty //

Walking back into the bar suddenly gave me a surge of memories. I almost smiled to myself as I lifted my head, my eyes glancing around the small bar as I remembered the first time I'd come back here. I allowed the smile to pull at my lips and I caught Damon's eye as he sat down in one of the booths, a frown present on his face but he was smiling.

"What's gotten you all giddy?" He questioned, not even picking up the menu as I slid into the seat opposite him, Stefan sliding in after me.

"What can I say?" I grinned. "The thought of alcohol does that to a girl."

He let out a chuckle, his eyes narrowing in amusement as his head shook. His eyes seemed to latch onto something as he licked his lips lightly, rolling his shoulders back in his leather jacket. I shot him a confused look, swapping a similar expression with Stefan as to what the hell he was doing but I soon found out what had him all hot and bothered.

A woman with black hair came over to us and my eyes involuntarily widened. Her face was done up in makeup that would probably have clowns crying out in envy and...To be honest, I don't know why she bothered buttoning up her shirt because she was obviously desperate for her cleavage to burst out. I grimaced slightly, shooting Damon a disgusted look as he grinned up at her. He gave me a look. Behave. 

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head as I placed my chin into my palm. 

"What can I get you, honey?"

"How about a decent shirt." I grumbled to myself, jabbing Stefan in the ribs when he elbowed me to be quiet. 

I wasn't sure if she heard me or not or whether she just decided to ignore me, but she raised her chin and turned away from Stefan and I for a moment as she took Damon's order.

"I'll have a beer, thanks." Damon smirked, his arm reaching across the back of the empty seat next to him as he grinned up at the woman. "Or whatever's hot."

"Oh, please." I grimaced, wrinkling my nose in disgust as I didn't bother to lower my voice this time, the giggle that the lady let out almost making me gag on the spot.

Damon shot me a look, his eyes narrowing slightly. Why he was interested in Miss Clearly Doesn't Own a Mirror, I had no idea. But there was no way in hell I was going to allow him to flirt with her. If I can't flirt with Liam, then it's about time he stops flirting with random women in front of me.

Karma's a bitch, what can I say?

She turned to me, her upper lip almost curled up into a sneer at my last comment. "And what about you?" She asked reluctantly, her hand gripping the pen in her hand tightly.

I grinned up at her sweetly. "I'll have a beer as well thanks." 

She shot me a sarcastic, sweet grin back before scribbling my order down on the list and asking Stefan what he wanted. Luckily, Stefan was 100% not interested in her flirting and quickly said that he didn't want anything, which also signalled a teasing remark of being a lightweight from Damon.

"Why did you do that?" Damon hissed quietly once the lady had trotted off back to the bar.

"Because her shirt was just about as low as your standards, Damon." I shot back, leaning across the table and placing my folded arms in front of me.