twenty three

HERE WE GO GUYS; DRAMA TIME :)

- Chapter Twenty Three -

I froze as soon as the words left my brother's mouth.

I gulped quietly, hoping not to give off any suspicion as I held their gaze.

"Sure," I said hesistantly, rising from my position to give them my full attention. I placed arm behind me on the couch, crossing my legs as I allowed myself to become comfortable in an attempt to calm down. I didn't realise until Stefan gave Damon a glance that my heart was racing. 

Chill, I snapped to myself quietly, It's probably nothing

I gave Stefan a small smile as he stood in front of me, crossing his arms.

"What do you know about Liam Mikaelson?"

My heart lunged into my throat, making me feel slightly sick. 

HOW IN THE NAME OF SATAN DID HE KNOW ABOUT LIAM

I SWEAR LIAM SAID NO ONE KNEW ABOUT HIM

WHAT EVEN

"Who?" I asked, frowning in mock confusion as I prayed silently that he brought it. The cold glare in his eyes as he stared straight at me, no falter in his cold personna giving me a clue.

"Liam Mikaelson. Youngest Mikaelson and newest Original."

"Never heard of him, sorry." I shrugged, bringing my arm from behind me to sit in my lap.

"Are you sure about that, Brooklyn?"

I scowled at him. "I'm pretty sure, Stefan."

Elena shifted uncomfortably next to me, obviously wanting to get up and leave us to our discussion.

Stefan narrowed his eyes at me, his mouth curling downwards.

I gulped quietly again. I knew that look. I'd known that look since we were younger. It was the 'don't pull that shit with me' look. Like that time I tried to convince him I didn't eat the last sandwich. 

"This is serious, Brooklyn."

My head snapped in Damon's direction. An exact replica of the look was now plastered on his face as he pushed off the wall he was leaning against to join Stefan in the big brother brigade.

"Ooooh, the full name." I raised my eyebrows sarcastically. I looked between the two similar disapproving glares of my elder brothers. "Have you guys been practicing together?"

"Don't." Damon growled, unfolding his arms to stare down at me. I froze once again. Never before had Damon spoken to me in such a cold tone. 

"Don't what?" I snapped back. "I don't anything about this Liam guy you're speaking about."

"Stop lying! We're trying to protect you!"

"Protect me from what?!" I shouted, raising an eyebrow and curling my lip in confusion as I threw my hands up in exasperation.

Stefan took a deep breath and spun on his heel, kicking the coffee table in front of us in frustration. I looked to my right, noticing how Elena had obviously gone to give us some privacy.

Damon looked back at Stefan, before turning back to me with a blank expression. "Brook," He started, "You know how dangerous the Originals are."

I sat up straight. Of course I did. But Liam was about as dangerous as a cupcake. He was harmless. "I do." I said, "But you obviously don't seem to understand what I'm saying." I stated through gritted teeth. "I haven't seen or spoken to this 'Liam' guy that you're reffering to."