Chapter 9

Emilia's POV

It had been a couple of days but the encounter with Luke was something that I would never like to happen again. There was something in his aura that scream power, money and danger. Even as I walked away from the principal's office, I could still feel his stair that made every hair in my body to rise. 

I kept the interaction to myself to avoid worrying Nick. I could see that she had been struggling so hard with her new situation and even if she tried to hide it, I still noticed it. Her lavish and luxurious life style changed because she picked us over her family and even though I knew that we loved each other, I'm not sure how long she'll hold on. All I could do was trust her and support her just like what she did you Maddy and I.

Maddy completely adored Nick. She made sure to spend time with her but was also so understanding when Nick was too tired to play with her. She was still a little traumatized when Nick disappeared therefore, Nick always assured her the she will never leave her again.

I was pulled from my deep though when the other members of the council came in. It was different now that John was gone and it was decided that nobody would take his place as vice president and the other council members would divide his task. 

"Good afternoon Pres." Anthony, our treasurer, greeted me. 

"Hey Emilia." Mona, our secretary, said as she followed Anthony in. 

The other members went in and sat on their respective place. It was a little assuring that the everyone seemed to act normal despite of the circumstances. "Let's begin the meeting, what are our agenda for today?" I asked as I looked at Mona.

The secretary nodded and began to speak. "We only have the winter carnival to prepare. Like every year, it'll be three days from Thursday to Saturday a week before Christmas. Preparations were mostly completed. Most of the booth and stall owners have been verified and give their passes. We were just waiting for the company that we contacted for the rides to get their safety permit and then we are good to go."

"That's great. Thank you Mona. Let's proceed to the other topic shall we?" I then nodded towards one of the other council member. "Gary if you may."

"Okay Emila..." Gary started.

Nicole's POV

"Hey Nick! How's that car doing?" Drew asked as he approached me. I was in the middle of changing the radiator of car that stopped earlier and had been towed to Drew's shop.

"I just finished changing the radiator and fan belt. I also checked the engine, all good so far. Although, the car needs a little cleaning and oil change soon." I replied while I closed the hood. Based on my observation, this car was not properly maintained. There was a lot of litters inside the car and it was covered in dust.  

"Then please go ahead and do whatever you need to." A voice from behind my boss answered. She was probably around early to mid thirties, red hair with long slender legs. She screamed money but it doesn't really reflect on her car. Doesn't she have someone to take care of it? Her eyes were covered by big round dark shades and I could smell her perfume from miles aways. "It was usually Ernesto that takes care of the car but he recently got fired and hasn't been replaced yet." 

"It will cost you few additional bucks." I replied.

"As I mentioned to your boss, money is no object Just do what you have to do. I got time. " She answered in a sultry voice as she walked towards me. She tipped her shades slightly and I could see the green hue of her eyes. She continued to walk slowly around me, checking me out until she stopped and placed her hand on the hood. "I'm Patricia by the way. You can call me Trixie." She then held one of her hand.