Chapter 3

Nicole's POV

Monday came and my day couldn't have gotten better after I was called to the principal's office the moment I stepped on the school ground.

I also noticed a large memorial was placed in the center of the school in memory of John.

"You may go ahead. He's waiting for you." The secretary told me the moment I entered the principal's office.

"Nicole! I'm so glad you're okay!" The principal which was also my uncle exclaimed with glee. I could feel the sincerity in his voice.

"Thank you." I took a seat in front of him and awaited for the grueling news. "Do I need to pack my stuff?"

He took a deep breathe and massage his temple. "Your parents pulled out your tuition's payment for the remainder of the year." He then sighed. "Tell me what happened."

"Haven't they told you already?"

"Yes. But I wanted to hear your side."

My uncle, unlike my mother who was his sister was a fair and reasonable man. If anyone knew my mother so well, it was him. "They disowned me because they don't approve my lifestyle and wanted to control me."

"Didn't you came out years ago?"

"They believed that it was just a phase. They tolerated it but didn't accept it. They kept their silence as long as I don't embarrass them." Thinking back, my parents could barely look at me when I decided to change my appearance.

"I see." He paused for a while. "It's so like them. But don't worry Nicole. You know that I don't have any children so I'm willing to provide for you."

I smiled at my uncle's generosity but it was something that I cannot accept. I wanted to prove to my parents that I can stand on my own feet. "That's so kind of you uncle but I'm afraid I can't accept that. I have to prove to them that I can survive without the family's money."

My uncle chuckles. "I was kind of expecting that answer. Maybe Emilia really had a good influence on you." My eyes widen, how did he know about her. "Don't worry... your relationship's safe with me."

"Okay..." I remained speechless.

"So here." He handed me a brown envelope. "It's a scholarship. I placed you under athletic division. You helped a lot in the last tournament. It was the only thing that I could do. However, since you're a scholar now, you need to keep your grades up. And you need to actively participate in the up coming winter tournament next year."

Wow! I can't believe this. "Thank you uncle! I appreciate this."

"Also, scouts will be watching the games. Who knows, you might get full ride to college." He stated. I have never thought about college before because it was already created for me. I'm to take business management course like Natalie and help with the company. Now I could have a choice. "Yes Nicole, you can have a choice now and I'll support you no matter what. And if you needed something, remember that I'm here."

"Thank you uncle!" I was not able to contain myself so I stood up and hug him.

"Ok! You're squeezing me. Now go and study." I hugged him one last time before leaving his office.

If only my parents were as good hearted as him.

The first part of the class went like a blur. Every professor that came in told me that they were glad that I'm okay. I'm still grateful even though I knew some of them hated me and doesn't really mean their concern.

Same goes to my class mates, especially the ladies. They showed their concern and told me that they were happy to see me.

Lunch came soon enough and I dreaded that time to see my friends again but as Emilia told me, they helped her a lot.