Unanswered Questions

Morro could feel its presence lurking behind them since they had gotten off the bus, he begged Jay not to turn round but the blue ninja did so anyway. Now facing the white eyed demon the idea of chicken-man and the bus seemed like a better idea.

"Heh...nice doggy?" Jay let out a nervous laugh. Morro saw the anger in the beast's eyes increase.

Then it lunged

Jay wasn't moving, he could feel the fear holding him in place, so Morro did the only thing he could do and seized back control and ran. He didn't look back, Jay was still in shock but Morro wasn't going to let him die today.

He turned the corners and soon found himself at the foot of the stairs to the monastery, he glanced over his shoulder, dreading to see the emotionless eyes glaring at him, but to his relief, it was gone.

He sighed, suddenly out of breath. He was shaking, was this how Jay felt? The rain had almost come to a stop at this point, but his skin was as cold as ice. He was numb, and he could feel the dull throbbing of a headache in his skull.

Jay was completely out now, if Morro handed control back over, he'd surely faint.

So he guessed he'd have to pretend to be Jay for the time he was asleep. Which wouldn't be easy.

He got to the doors, about to push them open when suddenly a mass of black tackled him into a...a hug.

He recognised the earth ninja Cole before him, "we woke up and I went to check on you and you were gone! What happened? Where did you go?" He demanded. Wow. Morro hadn't seen this much emotion from the black ninja before.

"I...uh went for a bus ride," Morro replied in the most Jay-like way possible.

"At five in the freakin' morning?" Cole yelled, "you had us worried sick!"

Morro winced, ugh he'd forgotten what it was like to be almost human again. The pain, the nausea, the headaches. He just put on a nervous smile and let out a nervous laugh.

"I couldn't sleep."

"It was raining! If you couldn't sleep you could have just-"

"Jay? Is that you?" That voice. Morro could recognise that damned voice anywhere. He clenched his teeth to stop himself from growling as Lloyd Garmadon appeared behind his friend, his eyes lighting up when he saw him.

Well, of course he was seeing Jay. Not Morro.

"Jay! I'm so glad you're okay!"

Morro's smile faltered, "...why wouldn't I be?" He said, shivering as the icy droplets splashed against his skin.

"Jesus you look terrible, get inside before you catch a cold!" Lloyd scolded.

Think it's too late for that... Morro thought drowsily.

He was led inside where the other ninja were waiting for him. He half expected to see Sensei Wu there but the old man was nowhere to be seen. Wu was probably asleep, he is getting "old".

He shrugged it off, allowing Lloyd to sit him down on the couch while he went to fetch a blanket.

Someone moved closer to him, intertwining their fingers with his, he looked up to see Nya, the water ninja sitting beside him. Morro shivered as he remembered her element. Right, weren't these two dating?

Morro did a quick check of Jay's last memories of the water ninja to only find unhappy and surprisingly uncharacteristic anger towards the water ninja.

So for his own good and his brothers he chuckled nervously and shuffled away, she glanced at him and rolled her eyes at his reaction.

Oh I definitely don't like this water ninja, and not just because of her element.

God. He didn't want Jay to wake up and find out that he'd make the relationship with his girlfriend worse, even if it went against his own instincts. He'd kill him for sure, brother or not.

"I don't want you to get sick," he lied quickly, "...sorry for not telling you guys that I left...I just needed some time to myself that's all."

The black one, Cole smirked at him, eyes filled with warmth as he wrapped his arm around the his shoulder, "Its fine, just tell us next time you can't sleep, we won't judge." He told him earnestly.

Wait, did Cole like Jay? Morro wondered. Judging by the way they he was hovering over him, and the raw amount of concern Cole had in his eyes, Morro would say Cole's got it bad.

Morro chuckled in his head as he remembered teasing his brother about said ninja.

Morro started to wonder about more things. Why was Kai looking at him like that? And what happened between Nya and Jay?

Jay wasn't telling him something. And Morro was going to find out just what his brother was keeping from him.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter down!!!

I hope you're enjoying the story so far.

Sorry if I'm making Nya a little mean, it's just her character in this fanfiction.

I'm always open for suggestions.

Don't forget to vote and comment they make my day. 🌈

Words: 859