𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

"Oh, I bought something for you. I noticed how sad you've been since Lucas has been... Well, you know. You can have this for a while" Mark smiled, reaching for the jumper that was on the floor beside him, handing it to the younger on the bed.

As soon as he saw the item, Hyuck's eyes lit up. As Mark handed it to him, Hyuck straight away took off his one and put on Mark's. The older watched as Hyuck snuggled up into it.

He then watched as he climbed off his bed and ran out of the room. He sat confused for a few seconds before coming back in with a crumpled up piece of cloth.

"I k-kind of left it in the bathroom all w-week. I couldn't dare t-touch it. Y-you can have it b-back now. It d-doesn't smell like you anyway" Hyuck smiled cheekily, handing the hoodie back to Mark as the older boy laughed.

"What now?" Hyuck asked, pulling Mark to sit on his bed with him.

"Well, you could be my boyfriend again?" Mark shrugged, allowing Hyuck to snuggle against his chest.

"I would l-like that" Hyuck smiled. 

After enjoying the silence for a short while, simply embracing the feeling of being together again, Hyuck spoke up.

"I w-want you to m-meet my friends. They k-kind of d-don't have a very good impression of y-you though." Hyuck grimaced at the end, remembering that he had never spoken to Jeno, Renjun and Jisung before breaking up with Mark. He did not once lift his head from on Mark's chest, enjoying being able to listen to the drumming of his heart.

"um, alright. When??" Mark asked.

"I can introduce you Tom-morrow at lunch, or m-maybe after school" Hyuck suggested.

"Alright. Anything for my sunshine" Mark smiled, wrapping his arms tighter around the younger.

Mark stayed over until Hyuck ushered him out the house, saying his parents were going to be home soon. He smiled as he gave his boyfriend a peck before being pushed through the front door by the younger.

He smiled his whole way home, all the way to his room and even as he pulled out his phone.

Mark
Hey baby
Sent 9:04

Hyuckie
Hi
You literally left ten
minutes ago
Sent 9:06

Mark
So?
Am I not allowed to miss
my sunshine😞
Sent 9:08

Hyuckie
No
Stop being such a baby
Sent 9:09

Mark
How come you're never
this mean to my face? ☹️
Sent 9:11

Hyuckie
It's difficult to seem
strong when you stutter
all the time
Sent 9:13

Mark
Oh... Uh...
Now I feel bad
I'm sorry sunshine
Sent 9:14

Hyuckie
Don't be, it's alright
Can I go to bed now?
Today has been looo
ooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooong
and emotional 😢
Sent 9:16

Mark
Sorry
Goodnight
Sleep tight
Don't let the bugs bite
I love you💕💕
Sent 9:17

Hyuckie
Shut up you nerd
I need my beauty sleep
Sent 9:19

Hyuckie
I love you too 🥰
Sent 9:24

Mark smiled when he received that last message, allowing his phone to fall onto his chest as he fell asleep.

×××

The next morning, Mark woke with an anxious pit in his stomach. Today he was meeting Hyuck's friends. Even before they broke up he had never really spoken to Jaemin or Chenle, and now there were three more people as well. And on top of that, they had all met Hyuck just after their fight. They all had bad impressions of him and they hadn't even met them yet.

Mark knew he deserved it in a way. He had hurt the younger. And he belived that people who hurt others, especially Hyuck, didn't deserve to be liked. But today he had a chance to fix that impression. He was just glad that Hyuck was going to be there to help him through it.

After washing and getting dressed, Mark made his way to Hyuck's house. The second he pulled up outside he message the younger to come out.

Only seconds later he watched as his ray of sunshine walked out the door, a half-eaten piece of toast hanging out his mouth as he closed the door behind himself, backback hanging from his elbow.

Mark couldn't hold back the smile that grew from his lips as he watched the younger skip toward the car.

"Hey hey hey" Hyuck smiled as he slid into the passenger seat, holding his toast in his hand as he leaned in and gave Mark a peck on his cheek before buckling up.

"Hey, what's got you in such a good mood?" Mark asked with a smile as he started to drive towards the school.

"That's for m-me to know and for y-you to n-not. I don't w-want to cry again tod-day" Hyuck smiled shyly.

"Okay. I don't want you to cry either. You're too cute when you smile" Mark smiled back, fiddling with Hyuck's ear as he drove.

When they arrived at the school, Hyuck froze slightly before looking at Mark.

"D-do you want m-me to go ahead?" Hyuck asked, not knowing how Mark was feeling about this situation. The two had never gone to school together so this was something new. There was silence for a minute and Hyuck thought maybe Mark hadn't heard him. But after a minute or so the older finally answered.

"No" Mark responded before letting out a small sigh, "I want to go in with you. The whole point of this is for me to work past my fears and as long as I have you, I don't care what anyone says" Mark smiled confidently, taking a deep breath. "Just, maybe not holding hands yet" he added, his confidence wavering as he looked at the boy beside him.

"Whatever m-makes you comfortable. W-we go at your P-pace. I love you" Hyuck smiled, giving Mark's hand a tight squeeze.

"I love you too. Let's do this then" he said with a deep sigh and a smile as he turned to open his door.

----------
Eeeerrrr, idk

I feel like I've just set myself up to start something new😂🙈

I hope you liked it

Thank you for reading💕💕

😊👏🏼💚