𝐓𝐰𝐨

After not talking to the older boy at all after getting home, Hyuck avoided him at school the following day. He wanted to talk to Mark, but at the same time, he was too afraid to do so. It was like they had never started dating at all; stealing glances every now and again and Hyuck feeling tense every time he saw the boy.

As Jaemin watched on, he could feel the tension between them, it was thick as his favourite blanket, but it was like wearing it in summer; suffocating and uncomfortable. He watched as his best-friend shifted in his seat as they sat through Chemistry, noticing that Mark kept staring at him from across the room.

"Why don't you just talk to him?" He asked, leaning in to talk to Hyuck as the older started writing down notes.

"Because" Hyuck retorted sharply.

"I really don't see what the problem is. Just give him a chance to explain himself. You two have been going out for almost a month. Even if I don't understand your relationship, it would be a shame to end it before you've even met a milestone" Jaemin shrugged, starting to do his own work when the teacher shot him a look.

"It's a m-milestone that he even asked m-me out" Hyuck sighed, glancing up at the board before continuing to write in his book.

"True" Hyuck quickly glared at his friend, "I just mean, It's your first relationship, there are bound to be mishaps and you are going to disagree sometimes or say the wrong things. But it's up to both of you to work through them. It's like... I don't know. I guess it's like a science experiment. They do the same thing over and over to make sure they get the best results, or even like a production company, They make the same thing over and over, changing small things here and there before they get the perfect one that they show to the world. Speaking of showing things to the world, have you told your parents yet?" Jaemin asked starting back with his work after his small speech.

"No, n-not yet. I was g-going to after we had been going out for a m-month. I guess that w-wont be happening" Hyuck sighed.

"Wait? What?!" Jaemin said, a little too loudly, drawing the attention of the students closest to them. "Seriously? You're already giving up. Hyuck, just talk to him. If you don't ask then you'll never know why he has been acting off." Jaemin stated more quietly.

"I d-don't know Jae. Can you j-just switch History partners with me? I d-don't think I can talk to him before the weekend" Hyuck pleaded.

"Not a chance. Unlike you, I am still trying to get through to the bozos I have for partners that I like them. Literally, if I could be with either of them I'd be happy, but they are both so oblivious. Like how did you managed to get Mark to like you in one night, you are the most socially awkward person I know, even over text" Jaemin stressed.

"I'll p-put in a good word for you if you switch w-with me" Hyuck attempted bribing him.

"Nope, I've been getting closer. While you've been hanging out with Mark and Chenle's been spending time with his pool, I've been working my way in. I'm so close. We should all hang out at some point, I'm sure they'd like you. Anyway, Just talk to Mark you wuss" Jaemin finished sternly.

"Fine. I'll talk to him" Hyuck caved, giving in to his persistent friend.

"Pst, I think you'll be fine, you two are cute together" Chenle whispered from behind the two of them. Hyuck looked back and glared at the younger before turning back to his work. Chenle just shrugged when Jaemin looked back at him with a small smile.

When the lesson came to an end, Jaemin explained that he needed to talk to the teacher and would meet the pair of them at the next class. Once the two had left Jaemin made his way towards Mark.