Understanding the Facts

This was exhilarating. But with every step I take, I’m doubting the reality i know. If the Help isn't the good people, if i did not kill my wife, then what is actually happening? I remember her touch, her eyes that I could look into and wish everything would go back to as it was.

Now I know what I have to do. I need to get my life back, and restore order to all the fucking shit the Rulers and the Help are throwing around. This is our planet. This is our lives they are playing with. I need to talk to Skye, but how? There must be some way I could meet her again. Argh! What is this mess they’ve pulled me in?

The so-called copy of mine had a memory, was he me? What are they teaching me? Trying to make a monster out of me?

So all of that was a sham? To pull me inside? The Help made a copy of Skye and made her act and try to kill me, so that I would go to the Help? Making me used to killing “copies” of myself, making me feel no guilt at all. What a wonderful strategy. Making me feel I killed my wife, making me kill myself again and again, so that I would help them do the dirty work for them.

I need to know more about what actually is between the Rulers and the Help, what are their strengths, their weaknesses, everything. I need to know the facts. So I went searching.

“Sierra, I’m ready. Let’s go for our first mission.” I said to her, with only one thing on my mind ‘know the truth’. She came to me, and said “okay then, let’s do it. Change into something that would make you look normal in the year 2015, this is the year they killed Obama. Then they wiped the memory of the whole year, and for everyone, it was 2014. We’ll go to 2014, and try to save him, and kill the Rulers.”

“I remembered this, I’ve read this. I know what happens, they cleared everyone, locked them somewhere, and Matt was in the surveillance room. He saw the Rulers kill him.” I said to her, as I got my mind ready to go to a real universe this time. “Yes, that is what happened. But, we’ll kill Matt and you have to be there instead of him. You know what happened, so you’ll know what exactly you need to do here. Just do what he did, and try to remember the faces of the Rulers. We’ll go and try to save Obama. Do exactly what happened, do not say anything different or else the Rulers might know something is wrong if Obama comes to know that we found you. Now go.” She said to me as she pushed me to the hallway of handprints.

So I was ready, and so were a group of 4 people who were coming with me. One by one we all went to 2014, and I was last. Hoping I’d run into Skye, I put my hand, this time the force was like nothing I experienced the last time. It was so strong that I could feel it pulling the skin off of my bones. I fell on my feet, into the garage of the White House. The four of the Help told me to go inside, where Obama would be expecting Matt, and they’ll go and try to kill the Rulers.

I reached the Presidential Office and there he was. “I am in danger, you need to keep your team ready. Today's speech may be the last speech i give. I've argued with the wrong people." I said the words that Matt had used “You don't have to worry sir, I will have a thousand men to protect you. Nobody won’t be able to aim at you when you're out there giving your speech". We left the office and there was nobody but us. I asked trying to re-enact the scene “Where is everybody else?". He whispered “The Rulers got everyone. I did not want anyone to see me die, but i wanted you to see who killed me. They won't kill you. They've got principles. They have everyone sedated and locked down. They will only kill me. Go on inside the surveillance room and take a very good look at the people who are down there. You do not want to forget their faces, trust me."

So I run to the surveillance room, and the team that had come with me was nowhere to be found. They killed Obama right there, no guilt, nothing. So I ran down to the room, they were gone. Obama was laying down, taking his last breath. He said to me “It was nice meeting you again” and his heart stopped pumping blood.

 I put my right hand on the bulb, which took me back to the Headquarters. “Sierra, where are the four alpha-humans that came with me?” I ask her. She said “they were humans, and the Rulers killed them. We alpha-humans from the Help do not travel. If they catch one of us again, we’ll become more weaker.” There was one thing that was bugging me a lot. “How did Obama not recognize that I wasn’t Matt?” I asked Sierra as I sensed something odd. Hesitating, she replied “They never met before face to face, they’d just talked on the phone before. You take some rest” and she walked away, avoiding the doubts I had in my mind, hiding something.

it was nice to see you again” this is what Obama had said. That means he and Matt had met before. Then why did he not see that I wasn’t him?

There was something stuck on the sole of my shoe. A paper.

Do not believe what they say, you are being fooled. If you what to know the truth, meet me again at the trial simulator. ~love, Skye.

I needed to know more. “Sierra, I need to practice travelling, I’ll go to the trial one.” I shouted from outside her office. I went to the simulator’s entry point, and travelled there. This time it was easier. There was a note on the table, it said “use this torch, like you did last time. And this time, take it with you.”

So I put my hand on the torch, and it took me to the limbo-like place where I met Skye the last time. The place which was fully white, and seemed like it had no boundaries. “You could shut down the light-attack now Sam” shouted a voice that was familiar, and it got normal. This wasn’t limbo, it was a room with a lot of lights under glass surfaces to fool people into thinking they were stuck. “Miss me?” said Skye, as tears were rolling down her cheeks. She hugged me, as tight as she could. I could feel her, as I used to. This was real, she was real. I kissed her forehead, and said to her “You can’t even imagine how much I’ve missed you.” Outside the room, there were 10-15 people, staring at us with awe. “Who are they?” I asked her. “This is my team. This is our team. We are going to save the universe.” She said to me, and started introducing them to me. “These people work for the Rulers. They’re double agents.” She said. “Well we can talk later, I need to go back to the headquarters, or they’ll come searching for me. So I’ve got only a few minutes for you to explain me what is going on.” I said to her, being the most curious I’d ever been.

“Okay so here goes. The Help isn’t exactly a group of good people. They seem to be working towards the right thing now, but all they want is to remove the Rulers out of the equation, so that they can rule the universe. The reason they need you, is that they can’t travel to parallel universes via the entry points they’ve built. Only humans can do that. The alpha humans can travel only via the dynamic entry point generator, which is with the Rulers. The Help tried to create one, but haven’t got it working properly. So they need you to do their work for them.” She said to me, clearing a few doubts, and generating more.

“Damn, this keeps going deep. How many more conspiracies are there? I can’t handle knowing nothing. Everyone but me knows what is going on. Poor Obama, I couldn’t save him.” I said to her, feeling partly responsible.

“Obama was a member of the Help, and he was a double agent too. He worked with us.” She said to me.

“WHAT? HOW MANY SECRETS ARE YOU GUYS KEEPING FROM ME?”

“Aiden, you need to go now, we’ll talk later.” She said, as the room got brighter, pushing me. As I fell down, my hand was on the light and I reach back to the headquarters.

And I whisper to myself,

this just got more interesting”