Chasing Stars

12th October, 3018.

9 am.

        I wasn't going to work today. The book i read, it was driving me crazy. What was going on? Are the Rulers the people who brought down the whole civilization? If yes, then are they still here? Why did they kill the president? This all could be one big thread of disappointment if it turned out to be just a dream. But, i needed to read more to know more about it.

        So i decided. I needed to read this and try to know more about what was really going on. I thought of going back to that Level 3 site. I went there, finding nobody but me there. The investigation was done with. So i went inside, and all the Intel they could collect, was gone. There were no photos, no nothing. Just plain old broken furniture lying around in the midst of a house that was some-day inhabited by Matt Peirce. I went into his room. The bed, the drawers, the broken crib, all was.... wait. Broken crib? He wrote in his dream journal that he had no kids and he was dreaming about a kid. Why is a crib laying around here? Alice never got pregnant. Now i seriously needed to know what the fuck was going on in the 2000s.

        I went back home and started reading his so called "dream journal".

14th February,2014.

4:52 am

i can't sleep. I just, keep dreaming about this fucking weird future. Yes, future. Today, in the dream, i saw the calender. It was 2015. I am living in 2014. Am i really seeing the future? I can't just let this take my brains and mash 'em. I needed to get my mind off this. Recently I'd been calculating the arrival of the comets and the constellations. The timing was off. The books said that they were on proper timings. So i researched about the past creations of the constellations and the dates. The dates had regular intervals between them until 1987. Then, it just went haywire. What was going on with the stars? It was not just the stars. I calculated the distance between moon and the Earth, and it had decreased significantly. The decrease in the distance that had happened would atleast take 30-40 years. What the fuck is going on? In just a month or so, tigers had gone extinct. Just a month ! It seemed like the time was flowing fast for everything, except us. It seemed we were going too slow. People were dying early. Everyone above 45-50 were dying rapidly worldwide. Rumours about our government secretly developing a syrum to make our brains visually impaired were roaming around. And this is not the dream that i am talking about. This is what's really happenning. They found a chemical substance that would make our brain weaker in visually calculating the structural differences in any objects. Mental hospitals were getting flooded with people crying and gloating "EVERYONE IS OLD, LOOK AT YOURSELF" , other mental patients were getting those dreams about them getting held by aliens of some sort. The government had brougnt a new medicine that would make them forget about those dreams and ease them. What if i was going crazy too ? Is there a virus out on the leash? Is this how we are going to die? The earth was going to end they said. I can see how it was going to end.

I get it now. The answer was in front of me this whole time. Those dreams, what if those aren't dreams? What if that is what really happened? I need to talk to someone about this. I could create a blog about this. Yes, i could create a locked blog and people with the same kind of dreams could tak to me about this.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK WAS GOING ON? This is too much to handle. I need to show this to somebody. First, i need to take a copy of this, just in case. As i go to the room, i sense somebody else in my house. " Sky? is that you?". No response. " Who is it? Anybody h..."

"You do not get to talk to anybody about this. You get that? Nobody else, but you, can know about the journal" said a pleasing voice. I open my eyes, and i am not at my home. "What is this place? Where did you take me to ?" i ask the beautiful tall lady in front of me, standing with four tall men. Surprisingly, all of them were of the same color. They all were black. I had never seen multiple people of the same color. They were not of our kind. " Are you humans? Why are all of you black? No two humans are of the same color. " i said to her, trying to get myself aware of the whole situation that was going on around me. "Yes, we are humans. We have a test for you. Find out who we are, in a day, and we will tell you everything that you need to know about everything. " she said to me. "Why the test? How did you know about me, and that i was going to tell somebody? and that i had the journal? Why me?" i asked being the most curious i had ever been in my entire life. " You'll get to know everything after you complete the test" she said and i fell asleep.

I wake up in shock and i am lying on my sofa with a note on the arm-rest saying 'your time starts now'.