Part 8 | Unwanted Visions

After Adora and Catra's fateful meeting with the mysterious person who calls himself "Clifton", they shared what happened in the Towns of the Beginnings to all of their friends. Astounded by what they've heard, the princesses asked where this "Clifton" guy lives.

Adora: I don't know the exact place of where he lives but he just told us that he stays in a place near Bright Moon.

Catra: Yeah, and he just showed up right after we touched a fragment of some floating blue crystal that made us lose consciousness. Although, Adora was the first one who saw him because she woke up before me.

Glimmer: Hey, you should've included us on your journey! I've been wanting to visit the outside world y'know?

Bow: Yup! Me, too! I want to see that amazing guy and ask him to show me some visions too. 🤩 Wouldn't that be great?!

Catra: No, arrow boy. We shouldn't trust him too much. He's power is something we don't want to take lightly.

Boy: Ohh, you do have a point there, Catra.

Adora: Catra, I told you I'll explain everything that happened.

Catra: I know. I didn't say that I won't listen.

Adora explained everything to Catra about Clifton's identity and the visions he showed to her.

Catra: We know his past, but we don't truly know who he is and what his intentions are, Adora.

Adora: Catra, why can't you just believe me? I know Clifton has no such intentions. I can feel it.

Catra: Why do you always think impulsively, Adora? You easily trust people just because you think they're right. It's not always like that. They might betray you someday!

Adora: Catra!! Calm down. You're being paranoid again.

Catra: Oh, so now it's my fault?! Adora, I know I'm speaking from my experience but I just want what's good for you! Because I don't want you to experience the same thing that happened to me!! *cries*

Adora: C-Catra.. I.. I'm sor-- *slowly reaches out her hand to Catra*

Catra brushes off Adora's hands and runs away.

Adora: CATRA!! WAIT!

Adora runs after Catra and pulls out her wrist.

Adora: Please, Catra. I don't want to let you go, anymore. Let's talk this out.

Catra looks at Adora and a little hint of exhaustion can be seen on her face.

Catra: You still don't get me, Adora.

Tears ran through her face as she uttered those words of sorrow.

Adora, once again, couldn't do anything to stop Catra from running away.

After all this time, were they really able to empathize with each other's feelings or is this just another challenge they have to go through in their relationship?

Catra continues running until she had reached an unknown place. The place looked similar to the "Fright Zone" she and Adora once lived in, however, the place she sees right now is more decent-looking and is filled with bright colors.

Catra: Why am I here? I-Is this the Fright Zone? No. This can't be. I haven't run that far from Bright Moon yet. This place... could it be..?

Catra felt uneasy about the place and her tail starts quivering. She holds her breath and releases as she wears her brave face.