chapter 27

Monday morning I walk into school and he's stood right there, in the middle of a group of people. Mostly swim team guys but a few girls. There was this one girl stood in the middle of them all, I didn't recognise her she must have been new. She had long blond hair, long legs and a big chest. She looked very superficial in her short skirt and cleavage flashing. She laughed a typically fake laugh at something Jason had said and put her hand on his chest. I couldn't stand there and watch that so I walked away to my first class.

First class happened to be with Jason. He would normally sit next to me but I wasn't so sure he would today. He showed up late to class with the new girl in tow. "This is Cassey shes new" he told the teacher.

The teacher wasn't too fussed and told her to sit at the front desk. Jason looked up and at the only available seat next to me. His face dropped slightly as he walked to the back of the class. He sat down the furthest he could get away from me, or that's what it felt like.

"Hi, where have you been" I whisper to him.

"Away" he said

"Where, we need to talk."

"Not now, I cant do it" he said. I wasn't sure what he was saying he couldn't do. He couldn't talk to me now or ever or have this baby. My hand dropped to my stomach as it had done many times over the last week. I couldn't feel anything nor did I have any kind of bump yet, but I liked to just put, ace my ha do there.

"But we do need to talk" I stayed strong.

"Watever, not now I'm trying to listen so can u be quiet" he rudely said.

"Fine" I would find him at lunch and after school if I had to we needed to talk. I looked up towards the front of the class and the new girl Cassey was staring right at me. She looked very pissed off at me but I hadn't done anything to upset her. At least I don't think I did.

At the end of class Jason ran out the room before the bell finished ringing, Cassey following along behind him like a lost puppy. I tried to get out the class room just as quick but was blocked by other students. By the time I made it out he was no where to be seen. I went to my next few classes keeping an eye out for him but I didn't see him. I saw her though, Cassey, she was in most of my classes it seamed. Every time I caught site of her looking at me, giving me the stink eye.

At last it was lunch break so I went straight to the canteen grabbed some fruit and started looking for Jason. I found him with the same group of people from this morning. I marched over determined to get my talk with him. But I was blocked by a group of girls going in the same direction. It was Cassey and Sophies little gang. They hadn't seen me so I hung back behind them. They where talking about me.

"So that girl that sat next to Jason in first period, who is she?" Cassey asked.

"Oh my God you mean issy. I keep telling him he needs to stay clear of her she's dangerous. She killed her own twin sister and nearly killed Jason. She drove them into a flipping truck for God's sake. If it wasn't for Jason trying to steer them away it would have been so much worse. And I tell you she ment to do it." Sophie explained to her.

"WHAT. That's terrible, how could she do sum in like that. And she still tries to talk to Jason. How does he not hate her"

"He feels sorry for her, he was dating her twin sister, they where identical, and I think she reminds him of her that's all" she says "but issy has always had a thing for Jason and she was so jealous of her sister. That's why I think she did it. She was and still is a frigid bitch and didnt like it that her sister got all the attention".

"She sounds like a right cow. I think we need to make sure Jason stays away from her he should be with someone who's better for him and won't drag him down" she smiled as they joined the table. I couldn't go over there now, I slipped out the canteen and found the girls toilets. Finding an empty stall I sat on the toilet lid and started crying.
I stayed there for majority of the rest of the day. Final bell rang and I walked out to get the bus home as it was raining. As I walked up to the bus shelter I saw Jason stood there with Cassey, she had his jacket on and his arm around her. As I got closer she snuggled her head into his shoulder and then looked right at me and sneared. Jason looked up too and saw me, I looked like a drowned rat but I held my head up and walked under the shelter to wait for my bus.

"Don't you have swim practice today Jason? " I said in a off hand kind of way, like I didn't really care.

"Uhh yeah I should better go, see ya tomorrow Cass" and he took his coat off her and walked back up to the school.

Cassey looked upset but smiled at him when he looked back. "Nice play." She said, "but you know he won't want you really not after what you did".

My bus pulled up and I quickly jumped on, thanking my lucky stars she didn't get on as well, and went home.