Chapter 97

She followed him to Amel's tent and, as soon as they entered, Amel put his palms on the table, with a thud. It was one of the few times they saw his red threatening eyes. Ramisu had stopped right away, but Deianeira took him by the arm and entered the tent.

Am: Out.

Ramisu saw Elain laying on Amel's bed, fast asleep. He felt she was safe, but the fact that she had still not awaken could not let him rest.

Am: Why did you bring him here?

Dei: He has to see her.

Am: He saw her very well, fading in his arms.

Dei: He regrets it.

Am: Out. I won't repeat it the third time.

Dei: Will you listen to me? I got his bloodlust under control with my blood.

Amel could clearly feel Ramisu's calm presence, but it was not enough.

Am: You don't deserve to see her. What you deserve is to let guilt and worry consume you.

Deianeira had never heard her father speak like that before. He was a feared ruler, but a kind man. Hearing those words and seeing his red eyes only helped her understand how much he actually loved his family.

Rm: You are right. I deserve that and worse, but I cannot stand aside, Amel. I know what I've done, I was not being myself. I know whatever I tell you means nothing to you, but I need to see her.

Am: You saw her. You can go now.

Dei: Ramisu, leave us alone for now. She is fine, you can feel it too.

Ramisu took another look at Elain and nodded. He did not dare look at Amel, he bowed his head and left the tent. It was not the time to argue with Amel, no matter how much he wanted to. Ame'l eyes came back to their black.

Am: I don't understand you. How can you bring him here after what he's done?

Deianeira wanted to speak up, but he did not give her the chance to.

Am: I know he is alright now, I can feel it, but this does not mean I will turn a blind eye.

Dei: I am not asking you to do this. And whether you like it or not, he is her soulmate. They need each other.

Am: She will go back to him on her own feet. Until then, he cannot see her.

Dei: Why are you so stubborn about this? You know it will end the way they want anyway.

Am: Stubborn? Do you think I have time to be stubborn? Two of my best commanders fell, one of my daughters is in a vampire coma and the other one is playing with a pure vampire's energy. All of these when we are a few days away from the battle that will put an end to this war. Do you still think it is about being stubborn?

Deianeira looked at him, wanted to say something, but words refused to come out. Amel let down his guard and gave her a kind look. His voice was now calmer.

Am: What I mean is....

Dei: We will figure a way out. Everything is not lost yet. Ramisu felt better after drinking my blood. The way this is going, they are behaving like mad newborns without an Adra.

Am: Ramisu has already had Elain's blood and yours as well. If this is what calmed him down, you might be right.

Dei: I will try it with Darion as well when Eden is done with him. Hopefully this will...

They both looked at Elain at the same time and saw her slowly moving her head. In a matter of seconds, they were at the bed. Amel took her hand in his and caressed her hair.