Chapter 92

Deianeira

Deianeira

Elain

*****

Amel eyed his daughters. They did not stop anymore, not even when they felt the other army getting closer and closer. They only stopped one day before they were supposed to meet their enemies and they all used that day to rest and feed as much they could, taking turns in guarding the camp, making sure the witches were well provided for in order to maintain the cloak in their absence. The atmosphere was as tensed as it always was before a fight. It was not the first time they were outnumbered, but it was the first time the difference was so high. It was not the first time their minds were troubled, but it was the first time the moral of many was low. Along their way their number had severely decreased and they all knew Leon's list of allies was by far wider than Amel's, but what kept them going was the fact that what Leon had were not allies, but traitors, villains, bribed fighters and people that followed him out of fear. Amel was the only one who had allies, who had people fighting for him and his cause, which gave them strength and trust in themselves.

The rain started to fall once again the night they all grouped, waiting for the enemy to arrive. They were only a few hours away. Elain and Deianeira were in the first line in the middle, with their loyal people behind them and Amel was far at their left, where the line of the troops was ending. Amel and his daughters had only three lines of people behind them, everyone else having gathered at their right, waiting for their leaders' command. Leon's army was seen shadowing the horizon, rushing towards them, but none of them moved an inch. They did not stop to wait for an official signal to go to fight and Amel's people did not advance at all. Soon, the enemy got close enough to clash swords, but those from the left took a taste of Amel's direct attack, his famous rain of lightnings. Being covered by his men, Amel focused on putting his energy into his strike and destroyed them one by one. Elain and Deianeira joined their powers ,as Deianeira had a wall of fire appear in front of them and Elain used her wind right away and spread the flames in front of the vampires, for who it was too late to fall back; the wall was almost as long as the line and too strong for the rain to put it down right away. The vampires who had to confront Amel, as well as those that met the priestesses' wall of flames had no choice but to head to the right, where they clashed swords, claws and powers with Amel's men.