My Own Earning

When Bansi failed in his second plan, seeing this, Bansi convinced himself that his third plan will definitely be proved to be the most accurate one. 

As long as he keeps making his decisions while involving others as a base factor, something will go wrong and he would not be able to sketch out such possibilities. 

But if he earns the required money himself then the problem will be solved. This will bring him money to buy his flute. Additionally, he will also be able to help his father. 

Bansi became very happy seeing no other obstacles in this plan. 

Now Bansi started looking for a job for himself. He first thought and realised that saw children working at some places. 

He selected the same places where he thought people could hire a child of his age.

First, he went to a shop.

Bansi used to buy goods from this shop. And that is why he knew that the shopkeeper hires  children to do the small work.

Bansi went to that shop and he said to the shopkeeper with full confidence, 'Sir, I want a job. Can you hire me?'

Shopkeeper recognised Bansi instantly and was a bit shocked. But when Bansi spoke to him about directly about what he wanted, he thought it would be better to give a direct answer.

The shopkeeper said, 'If you know how to do baisc accounting and reading and writing, then I can give you a job right away.'

Despite being in front of the job, he could not agree to it. Why? Because he neither knew the accounts nor could he read and write like elders do.

He was weak in mathematics and never wanted paid attention to his studies either.

Then he thought, 'I should go to some place where these two things are not needed.'

He was a little disappointed but he did not give up.

After making his decision, Bansi went to a carpenter

He knew this carpenter well. He was a very nice person. 

The carpenter even made wooden bat, wicket, and many toys for Bansi. He used to sell such handmade things to children in his making cost. 

Now, he was sure that no mathematics would be needed here. 

Bansi said to the carpenter, 'I am looking for work. Do you have a job for me?' 

Carpenter said, 'To cut the wood, one must learn and understand the map. Lines have to be drawn accordingly. If you can do this, you can do the job.'

This time also Bansi had to retreat. 

Why? 

Because Bansi could not understand the maps. And it also requires him to learn the technique and study mathematics. 

Even after this, he did not give up. He was still quite sure that he would get a job at one point or the other. He was determined.

Then he decided to go to the farm and work there

He was sure that he will not need any education or mathematics in it.

The owner of farm knew Bansi because Bansi often used to sit in these fields and play the flute.

Bansi now went to the owner of the farm.

Without wasting another moment, Bansi said, 'I want a job. Can I get some work in this field?'

The owner of the farm recognised him. 

Hearing this, farm owner said, 'You will definitely get the work. And there is no need to study here either. I will just tell you the time and date of sowing. You can assist us. We do the farming according to the season, so you have to work accordingly. Write down what I will tell you. These are common things. If you can do this properly then I will be giving you more work.'

Bansi found this work to be absolutely right

Bansi found this work to be absolutely right. But after giving it a little thought, he remembered that farming takes place at dawn or at night. He cannot do it because he goes to school.

And another factor is that he is not completely expert in reading and writing.

Now Bansi was completely disappointed. 

He never thought that his plans will fail and become such disappointment in the end!

He now understood that he would not get any job without studying.