CHAPTER FOURTEEN

They all stared in shock. They all met on a train and never thought anything of it. The four of them, having the same beliefs to do what's right in the world came together. They were really sisters.

"I can't believe it-" Sapphire said in utter disbelief.

"I threw hands with you... my sister," Toph said quietly.

"You also saved all our asses with your fighting. Don't worry about it. At least we know now that our sisterly bickering- and bonding- makes sense"

"So what now?"

"We get out of the city," Jules said measuredly. "And we find out- again- what the world really has to offer. With any luck we find some people-"

"-And take down the facility," Violet finished quietly. "And everyone lives normally. No controlling, no fear."

"I'm in," Toph stated.

"Me too," Sapphire said.

"Let's do this," Jules said.

"What are you guys, making a cult over there?" Jin called.

"Very funny," Toph answered.

Violet walked over to Jonas. "What'd yours say?"

"I'm from Lysteria. My full name is Jonas Ender."

"We're all Stablets."

"Wait, you're related?"

"Yeah, we're sisters apparently."

"So, we should start heading out. Looks like the guards are gone," Jack observed.

"We're going to make it out of the city today," Jin added, packing up their bags.

They left through a back door and silently made their way through the labyrinth of the city and slowly to the edge. They kept running and didn't stop until they saw the fence enclosure around the city. When they found it they paused.

"This is it, the real world," Violet said.

"It's beautiful," Sapphire said quietly.

"You haven't even seen it yet," muttered Toph.

"I know it's beautiful, dipstick."

"Let's go," Jonas said.

Violet began to climb the fence and Jonas helped her up. She climbed up after him and jumped down to the other side. Dirt crunched under her shoes. That was freedom dirt. They were free from the metal walls and closed in the building. There were no more rules, nobody in their way of making wherever they were a better place. And the sky above her was not a cloying, bright blue but a pale, soft one was freedom, too, and the sad, struggling strings of brown grass were free to try and live any way they saw fit. They continued down a hill where dry dirt puffed in clouds from their footfalls.

"Well, now what?" Toph asked.

"Let's see what's out there," Jin said determinedly.