CHAPTER NINE

The girls got to the city and looked around. 

"Where are we off to?" Jules asked

"There's a cool club down one of these streets-" Sapphire was saying before being interrupted by Toph: "I don’t feel like dancing tonight though."

"No one said you had to come along then." Sapphire said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh I’ll be going, I wouldn’t want to miss out on you making a fool of yourself in front of Jack."

"Oh really? Better than getting beans spilled on me."

"That wasn't even my fault. It was that dumbass Jin."

"That's no way to talk about your boyfriend."

"And who said he was my boyfriend?"

"The way you fucking look at him says enough."

“Oh is that so? At least I’m more subtle than the way you drool over Jack."

"Do you guys really have to fight like this all the time?" Jules asked.

"Yes," Sapphire said, "she provokes me."

“This is entertaining and all but we should maybe start actually looking for that club-" interjected Violet.

They walked down a few streets until finding the club with a door half shadowed by the brighter lights around it, but the small sign above it advertised that they were walking into Catalyst. Sapphire peeked her head through the door to find Jack being the DJ.

"What’s Jack doing here? I thought the residents were staying inside the facility,” Sapphire said.

"What's it look like?" he called to her. "I left. It was super creepy, what they were making us research." He turned over his shoulder, shouting to someone behind him. “Hey yo Rick, take over for me here.”

The guy, Rick as it would be, nodded. “'Kay bro.”

As Jack was walking out the door they heard a screeching yell.

“What was that?” Toph exclaimed.

There were soon people stampeding down the streets of the city, panicked. Behind them was a dusty purple gas, choking the city in consuming clouds. Violet, Sapphire, Toph, Jules, and Jack immediately started running with the crowd. All of them soon fainted to the ground, eyes shut, and soon to be no recollection of what had just occurred.