Maze B

The Shade pushed against her stick and Elizabeth had fallen into the white snow, her body hot enough that it melted instantly through her long sleeve and cargo pants

The Shade pushed against her stick and Elizabeth had fallen into the white snow, her body hot enough that it melted instantly through her long sleeve and cargo pants. Her hands were so cold they were purple and numb, her toes were soaked from snow being melted inside and her hair was stuck to the side of her face and forehead from so much sweat. She was hot and feeling like she was ready to die. Her knees were bruised from being thrown to the ground so many times, hitting ice the odd push.

She groaned and held her head, seeing Beth throw her spear around in the air, trying to catch it as she threw it back up at the Shade. Elizabeth got up, pulling her hand away from her head and trudged through the melting snow. Making her way to Beth, she hollered and threw her spear at the girl. Beth wasn't going to make it and she knew it, the girl had been bitten, but that didn't mean she couldn't at least try to make Beth's last moments memorable.

At the Chalet, Harriet, Sonya, Rachel, Aris, Rice and Kels were inside fighting off two Shades were attacking either side of the Chalet that had a massive hole in the side of the building. Cold air seeped in and hot hair escaped into the sky. The group fought off the Shades the best they could as guns were fired, spears were thrown, and screams were released.

Elizabeth helped Beth off the ground and together they'd thrown their spears at the Shade in unison. It screamed and flapped it's wings faster as it's clawed feet attempted to grab at them. "Duck!" Elizabeth shouted, throwing herself into the snow.

"That was close." Beth sighed.

Liz nodded before she yelled as the Shade had grabbed her, clawing her and she yelled out in pain. Beth had scooted away in a hurry with a yell.  Elizabeth managed to lift her foot and kick the Shade, but it came right back at her. Clawing the side of her arm with it's sharp talons and she groaned loudly in pain.

From inside the Chalet, all the girls ran out with Aris as they heard the commotion. Beth was finding that her head was pounding as she worked up quite the sweat, the saliva from the Shade getting into her blood stream and soon she wouldn't be herself anymore. The group and Aris began yelling and screaming as they threw their spears and shot guns at the Shade. 

Elizabeth managed to pull herself together, she glanced at the wound on her shoulder, the mark in a perfect line that tore through her shirt and she could see some blood seeping through her cream colored shirt covered in dirt, sweat, old snow stains, food stains, everything. She inahlded deeply and picked a few rocks off the ground, throwing them into the air at the Shade as it hissed at them and it's half mechanical aspect of it's body began to break down. 

She noticed it was growing weaker and all of them growing tired. It was the middle of the night, the Shades had ruined everything and all the Cabins had been caught on fire, the Chalet would be next. There wasn't much left of the Spring anymore and Harriet was thankful in a way, they could maybe get out, or it was the end of the nightmare, somehow.

There definitely wasn't going to be anything left.

When the Shade fell from the sky, the girls and Aris grabbed their spears and stabbed the Shade until there was nothing left to stab. The Shade didn't bleed, there wasn't anything to bleed as wires zapped and sparked, making noises and guts gooed from inside the Shade. All the girls stared at is as it was dead and soon they began to flee from the Spring.

Across from them Beth was heaving and coughing up blood, her body covered in purple veins as she choked for air. Elizabeth's eyes widened and she ran over, falling to the ground beside her best friend who'd had her back the entire time. "Beth?" She questioned.

"Get away from me." She pushed Liz away, coughing up as her body convulsed and changed into someone she wasn't. "Go...Get out of here!" She called, wanting her and the others to get out.

"We have to go." Aris told them.

"Come on, into the Maze." Rachel spoke. Sonya grabbed something from inside the Shade before following the others into the Maze. Elizabeth led the way through her watery eyes and shaky body, the group following her as they held their spears and weapons of different sorts. Without skates, the girls tried getting around as fast as they could without slipping or running into corners from their rubber boots. 

"Use the walls as leverage." Liz told them, looking back briefly before continuing along the Maze. When they reached the vertical part, they didn't have any gear, but Liz remembered further down the wall there were two ropes, which were covered in a bit ice and could break at any moment. 

She climbed up first, telling everyone to keep their footing right and proper as Harriet followed next. The group began the ascent up the wall covered in ice. The adrenaline rush pumped through Elizabeth's body as she was determined to get everyone out of the Maze and to safety. She had no idea how they were gonna get past the 360 part, but at least trying something was better than nothing.

"What's up there?" Sonya asked.

"Who cares?!" Rice called. "Just go! I want out!"

"What if there is no way out?" Kels hollered.

Elizabeth glanced down. "We'll find a way out, I know we will." She yelled to the girls below her.

It was a bit of a trek before the group even saw and got closer to the top. Aris wasn't far behind from Liz as he climbed. Liz's hands were cold without gloves, burning from the rope and she gasped and had a mini heart attack every time one of her feet slipped, much like everyone else. With her arm injured with a long talon scratch mark from her shoulder to her elbow on her outer arm, it was harder to climb. The arm was sore, but she pushed through the pain and continued.

The 360 part came and she looked over to Aris, who was on the rope beside her, and she was quite impressed with his skills. Considering the way he looked and was. What confused her though was that the 360 part of the maze wasn't turning, after climbing and side to side to get through the different paths, she was shocked to see it was still. 

"It's stopped. But how?"

He shrugged, looking around. "The device?" He questioned.

"How? It let the Shades out."

"Maybe it was the key to get past this." He answered. "Let's keep going."

She was nearing the top and as she approached it, her hand grabbed the edge and she pushed herself up with her feet. Rolling over the edge with a foot hooked, she fell onto her back with a sigh of relief, making it. Morning was coming soon, the sun not visible yet, but would soon be. She turned over and leaned over the side and grabbed Harriet's hand, pulling her up. Aris helped Rachel and then the rest.

When everyone was on top, the group sighed, getting over the edge and stopped at the door. "Great, now what?" Kels sighed.

"Great, now we look like a bunch of Blondies rather than Sticks up here." Rice whined. "I'm cold and tired."

"We all are." Elizabeth told the group. 

"Wait," Aris furrowed his brows, looking over to Rachel. "The patterns."

"Huh!?" All the girls shouted, except for Elizabeth.

"The patterns, Elizabeth. What's the pattern?" Rachel spoke.

The other side was freedom.