Chapter 28: Platonic Date

The little bell above the door jingled as I walked in

The little bell above the door jingled as I walked in. The smell of a sweet alcohol came wafting in through the small tavern. The warm, inviting and comforting atmosphere engulfed me as I took a few more steps into the room. I decided, that since it was a platonic date, I would dress simply. I wore a plain, white T-shirt with jeans and a leather jacket that I stole from James. It didn't fit the greatest but hopefully, I looked decent. I looked around, turning my head trying to spot where TJ could be sat, since he said he would be there when I reached, I found him sitting on one of the farthest tables, thoughtfully looking out of the window. I approached him slowly. The tables were packed with students either on dates or in awkward situations like I was about to land myself in. TJ looked back at me, the sunlight illuminated his facial features; he had been working out. He exchanged our 'hi's and 'hello's and our pleasantries while I sat down and tried to strike up a conversation.

"So. James tells me you have a brother. You never mentioned a brother for the entirety of Fifth Year when we dated." He smiled at my straightforwardness, but it was true, he had never mentioned a brother.

"Step brother actually. And I discovered he existed and went to this school last year actually. So, there was nothing to tell." That makes sense but it is rather weird that they went to the same school for that long and never crossed paths even once. How were they both in Gryffindor and in the same year but still never even found each other in class. "Yeah, he looks like me, except more buff, way more muscular and annoyingly more athletic." I could just imagine it, and damn would that guy be all kinds of sexy.

"Shared Mum?"

"Actually same father." That was odd, I could swear he had mentioned his father had walked out on him. "Actually, now that I think of it, Dale Bard, the Chaser of the century probably has thousands of children around the world. Yeah, and my Mum was one lucky carrier of them." His mother was diagnosed with a very serious illness -one that I feel guilty for not remembering right now- at a young age. I couldn't imagine growing up like that - without a father. But in his case, it may have been better considering he has -on multiple occasions- boasted about the big asshole he thinks his father is. "Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. Kinda. Not really, but I needed a transition." I giggled at his failed attempt at trying to begin a new conversation.

"What is it? You get over your anthrophobia?" I joked. Which was kind of rude thinking about it because he has it really bad. Anthrophobia is the fear of people and society. It took me like a month to actually get him to talk to me. But he didn't laugh or anything, he was serious. Instead, he leaned in close. For a second I thought he was going to kiss me again, in which case I would hex him right then and there. But I just assumed he didn't want anyone else to hear him. Nevertheless, I clutched my wand through my denim pocket just in case because I was not going to put up with another impromptu make out sesh, especially when it was in public this time.

"I know about your lycanthropy."

My smile dropped and I leaned back. I was still trying to process his words. How? How on Earth would he know about my disease. Beads of sweat began to roll down my face in anxiety my eyebrows creased subconsciously. This was bad. What if he told the whole school, or worse blackmailed me. Him knowing would open up an entire world of possibilities. And not a lot of them were positive. "How?"

"Promise not to freak out?" My face creases eased. I couldn't think of a reason why I would freak out when I was the one who should have freaked him out. I sipped the butterbeer he had ordered me to calm down. "I know because of the Shrieking Shack." He knew about that too. How on Earth. Was he an Legilimens or something? I have got to learn Occlumency. Needless to say, I nodded in response to his question. "I know about the Shrieking Shack because, because it was made for me."

I spit out my drink.

"What do you mean it was made for you?!" I whisper screamed but I still think it was too loud. But I didn't care, I need answers! He looked around, scared that someone would hear us, but I was too focussed on his words.

"Remember how I had said my Mum had a disease?" Suddenly, I heard clicks go down inside my brain as the mental pieces of my puzzle joined together. It was weird, I never had the problem that she was never free on full moons or other stuff that would hint at her being a werewolf, because obviously I was never free on a full moon. Everything made sense -from the insane meat cravings and everything- except one small thing.

"Wait, does this mean you're a werewolf too?" I may have completely disregarded his question but he must have known I had figured everything out, especially since we dated for the better part of the year.

"No. Somehow, I don't know how, but the lycanthropy was not passed down. So I just get like insane cravings for rare steak or my hearing gets super sensitive or my nose twitches when someone gets a paper cut or something." Of course, how did I not remember. I've read many a book about lycanthropy; how did I not realise that lycanthropy isn't genetic. I just stared at him after that, he understood I was too shocked to speak, so he just sat there and watched me inwardly panic.

I so have to tell Lily and James!

Word Count:- 1024

Love, Kale.