xvii. sunshine of your love

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕚𝕥'𝕤 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕠𝕨, 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪 𝕓𝕝𝕦𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕓𝕠𝕓 𝕕𝕪𝕝𝕒𝕟

"WHAT?" Marty asked Doc over him spilling the fact that the future he envisioned for himself wasn't as perfect as he hoped it would be. There was only one other person who knew the answer beside him, which was exactly why Amanda looked away and folded her arms to face away from him. "What about my future?"

Doc shook his head solemnly and became calm over the lecture he'd just given. "I can't tell you. It might make things worse."

He then turned over to Amanda as she avoided eye contact as to not grow troubled of the future she already knew he was meant to have as of now. Beside the lack of details he had over them not even being friends in his future, the rest of it only made it worse to have to let him find out. Considering Marty was becoming overly emotional over being kept away from this not proving to help the situation. "What is wrong with my future?"

Turning her back toward them suddenly, Amanda stopped herself from becoming equally emotional over the timing of this coming up unfair to their situation. The mishap they were in was already enough of a strain and yet to have him partly know his future wasn't all that great- it wasn't fair. None of this was fair, it's a whole entire shit-show.

"Marty, we all have to make decisions that affect the course of our lives. You've gotta do what you've gotta do, and I've gotta do what I've gotta do," Doc only said and walked past him.

Noticing he was still stunned over the words, she eyed him sadly over this getting to him. "Blue-"

Marty spun over to her teary eyed to have her shrink over the way he was behaving. The desperation for the answers no one wanted to give him was evident in his gaze, but Amanda knew she had to stand her ground even if she wanted to tell him everything. "Amy, tell me."

"Marty, I can't?"

He frowned to gesture over to Doc frustrated. "You know if you were in the same situation as me, Doc would've told you everything down to the last detail to keep you from avoiding something bad happening."

"Excuse me?" Amanda laughed over his comment in disbelief. "You're taking out your frustration on me over your own mistakes and it's not right? You need to take in what you can logically reason with. Doc would help you if he could, you know that?"

He turned away from her to have Amanda attempt to take his hand in hers before he continued walking away. Picking up her dress to follow suit, she tried to stop him from putting the blame on others for trying to spare him from the harsh realities. "You're being ridiculous."

Hearing her say this only served as the last straw as Marty shut his eyes tightly. He knew the Doc sought after seeking the best for them or he wouldn't have made so much of an effort to make sure the teenagers were alright and looked after. The way they all wanted to avoid the topic left him with the uneasy feeling that nothing in his life was going to turn out right. Even the parts he thought would always remain intact.

"It's always me. Why am I the one that gets into these situations? You no doubt have this bright future making breakthroughs at some university married to Bobby for christsake and I'm stuck in Hill Valley." Amanda teared up as he cried in front of her, easing himself enough for her to hold his hand again. "It was bad enough you're not in my future. But that I just end up another deadbeat stuck in a town I so desperately want to be able to have a chance to leave—"

"Hey." Marty looked up to her as she wiped away the tears rolling down his cheeks. She smiled in reassurance to cup his face in her hands gently.