Chapter 4

The woman on the mattress on the four-poster bed wobbled slightly as Draco positioned himself on top of his wife. He peppered her face and neck with kisses and she giggled. Draco smiled at the feeling of his wife's protruding stomach making little kicks of contact with his self-proclaimed "abs of steel". Draco moved back to his original position next to his wife and placed a hand on her small bump. Hermione was five months pregnant and was still in what she considered the 'cute' stage of her pregnancy. Hermione placed her hand on top of his and closed her eyes. Since becoming pregnant she had become fiercely protective of her bump, always holding it with her dainty hands.

"Four months to go until I get to meet you. Daddy loves you baby," cooed Draco to Hermione's stomach. Hermione couldn't hold back her laugh; Draco had become a full on softy since they started dating. Hermione's laugh caused the baby to stir and kick. Draco's head snapped up toward his wife, his eyes wide with delight.

"Did you feel that?!" he blurted.

"Yes dear, seeing as this baby is inside of me," she replied with another giggle.

"You're strong just like a true Malfoy," said Draco to Hermione's stomach once again. "Just don't hurt Mummy too much little one."

"You know, we can't call our baby 'little one' forever. We're going to have to start picking out names soon," said Hermione.

"You'll find that your mother is quite the planner," whispered Draco to his child. With his hand resting on his wife's stomach he looked up at her.

"Well I like the names..."