Summer Love (A Louis Tomlinson FanFic)

"Summer Love"

[Zayn:]

Can't believe you're packing your bags

Trying so hard not to cry

Had the best time and now it's the worst time

But we have to say goodbye

[Harry:]

Don't promise that you're gonna write

Don't promise that you'll call

Just promise that you won't forget we had it all

[Niall]

Cause you were mine for the summer

Now we know it's nearly over

Feels like snow in September

But I always will remember

You were my summer love

You always will be my summer love

[Louis:]

Wish that we could be alone now

If we could find some place to hide

Make the last time just like the first time

Push a button and rewind

[Liam:]

Don't say the word that's on your lips

Don't look at me that way

Just promise you'll remember

When the sky is grey

[Niall]

Cause you were mine for the summer

Now we know it's nearly over

Feels like snow in September

But I always will remember

You were my summer love

You always will be my summer love

[Zayn:]

So please don't make this any harder

We can't take this any farther

And I know there's nothing that I wanna change, change

[All:]

Cause you were mine for the summer

Now we know it's nearly over

Feels like snow in September

But I always will remember

You were my summer love

You always will be my summer love

~ One Direction, "Take Me Home"

Danielle's P.O.V

I remember, that one summer. The one filled with so much memories and lingering kisses. I shared with him, the both of us. We met in the beginning of June 2011, and we just had the most amazing time together.I never forgot all the moments him and I shared, the way we first kissed underneath the stars, lying in the sand, with our fingers interwined. We would hold hands and laugh walking down the mall, and buying our daily Starbucks drinks. Partying together, with the rest of the lads.

But once the summer nearing the end, we both knew that this relationship would not last any longer. We didn't promise to write, or call. We would just both remember all that we had. We were both trying our hardest not to cry.

I just wished we could rewind time, and it would just be the both of us, we could just find a place to hide, the both of us. Just me and him. We left so many words unsaid... I didn't utter the word that I've always wanted to tell him, i. love. you. But now we're both storming the world, him with his band mates, and me with my chart-topping songs. Traveling, recording, singing, everything.

He didn't want to make it any harder than it has to be, we were both already broken and torn. We were together for three whole months, we were inserpable. We knew we couldn't take this relationship any farther, but there isn't a thing I would have changed, of everything that happened between us.

"Just promise you'll remember, when the sky is grey." Louis whispered into my ear, holding me tightly against his body.

Tears were already falling down my eyes, "I promise Lou..." I said shakily. He pulled away from me and he sat down on the bed, and pulled me down to sit on his lap.

"Babe, there is no need to cry. I can assure you that this was and has been the best summer of my entire life. It was the summer where I met the most amazing girl to walk into my life and change me... I'll miss you so much Dani..." Lou's voice trails off, as he burys his head in the crock of my neck while I feel his tears slide down my neck.

We were both crying, just holding each other tightly, this would be the last time we would be like this. I slowly got up from Lou's lap, and his head slowly turned upward. I walked to the other side of the bed and got my luggage. I would be flying to the US to promote my debut album, and I would be staying there for quite a while.

I was near the door, and I shakily reached for the doorknob.My fingers were trembling, I didn't want to leave him, I did not want this relationship to only be a summer love. I wanted it to be an everlasting love, but we both know I wouldn't say that. Not now, when I'm going half way across the globe.

A hand gently pulled me back, I turned and Louis crashed his lips to mine. More tears slide down my face, as I put my hands around his neck and kiss him back. This would be the last time, we would kiss. I will cherish this moment forever. I will remember it for the rest of my life.

Once we both finally pulled away, he rested his forehead against mine, he looked deeply into my eyes, his eyes filled with so much love and passion, yet clouded with pain and sadness. He whispered to me, "Danielle I will never forget you, and what we had. I will miss you, but I have to let you go..." He choked on the last bit, tears streaming down his beautiful face.

"Goodbye Louis..." I whispered sadly.

"Goodbye Danielle..." Louis whispered back softly. We both pulled away from each other, and I closed the door behind me. Once I was outside his house, and in the taxi, that's when I broke down into tears.

This is just so hard for me. for him, for the both of us. There was three words, that I didn't tell him. Three words that I was dying to tell him. I love you. That I loved him with everything in me. I love you Louis, was the last thing on my mind when I driftied to sleep.

Louis Tomlinson was my summer love. We had it all. I was his for the summer. But now that's all in the past.