The story of Kayla Jones...

I guess relationships has never been my thing. I mean I never actually minded being held by some strong manly arms, but my love life has been the same for years; nonexistent. My "love life" consisted of me sitting in my room by myself, listening to my simp playlist, and dancing, if you can even call it that, to XXXTENTACION. The only time I would date a guy would be on the mobile game Episode. Those mafia leaders do be kinda hot though. I was happy with my love life for a while, or what was left of it after many horrible crushes. Well, I thought I was. Pretty boy, Aidan Sanchez. Track star, smart, unpredictable, and kind of a freak, not gonna lie. How did this turned from a small unrealistic crush to a big messy relationship; I guess you can say it turned my life upside down for the better.

It was another day in school. The sun barely appearing over the horizon. Many students walking into the school with their Starbucks coffee in one hand and their many assignments in the other. The sounds of morning birds chirping my ears off. I barged in the glass front doors of the school building with my hands filled with paper work for student council and multiple projects for my AP classes. My papers wanting to fly out of my hands and my backpack weighing my body down, almost making me drag my shoulders across the tile. This was one of the most  stressful weeks I've had to deal with in a long time. To start off on the checklist, the dance is this Saturday, and I was in charge of all the decorations, the food, the music, and tickets. Not sure why they put a million responsibilities on one person, butI guess that's just the fun perks of being the Student council president. Oh, not to mention I have 3 AP projects due this week, all being essays with more than 1,000 words. My head has been all over the place. I haven't had a chance to breathe, or to really get sometime to relax. Yep, definitely a fun week for me. But, what can I say, I guess I've always been a little over achiever. I'm never satisfied with what I do, or could do, so I can't really blame anyone else for my stress, although I can certainly blow steam on my private story on Snapchat. I walked in almost out of breath from carrying all that stuff from my car to the school. My shoes clicking on the floor and my dress hugging my body, slightly wrinkling. I slowly stopped in my tracks, putting my hands on my knees trying to situate all of my things. I threw my bag back over my left shoulder while organizing the many papers and folders in my other hand. I slowly looked up from the mess that is my school life. I couldn't help but catch a glimpse of someone that seemed a little too familiar. There she was; Her short, brown,straight hair sitting on her shoulders, a couple of strands falling in her face. Her fair skin glowing with the sunlight hitting her face through the window. Her high rise jeans sitting comfortably on her hips while her striped shirt matched perfectly. Her deep brown eyes glued to her phone screen. Her eyebrows relaxed on her face; her light colored lips in a slight pout. Her small manicured hands holding her phone comfortably. Her small figure looking elegant as she cooly leaned against the wall outside of the front office. She was emitting the same quiet but bad ass energy I have gotten so comfortable with. "Olivia!!" I screamed. She looked up from her phone at the sound of her name. She furrowed her eyebrows before seeing me and giving me a small smile. She rolled her eyes before putting her phone in her back pocket. She tucked a couple of loose strands behind her ear before standing up straight. I dropped all my stuff to the ground, well. I gently placed all my things on the ground because it took way too damn long to organize all of those papers. I ran up to Olivia before I snaked my hands around her neck and hugged her tightly in my touched deprived arms. Oh, let me introduce her. Olivia Rodriguez, my best friend since 7th grade. She has always been the very blunt and tough loving friend that would always keep it real with me. She's the type of friend to show her love by constantly insulting me, but I love her to say the least. She has been the one friend to stay by my side through thick and thin always. One of the first long lasting friends I have made.  "Woah. There is no need to suffocate me." She said pressing my chest away. Her brows furrowed and her eyes looking into mine. She giggled before putting her hands behind her back. "I'm sorry. I just missed you a lot. You also missed out on a lot of tea." I said putting my hands on my hips. "Oh really?" She said sarcastically leaning back against the wall. She crossed her arms and put one foot over the over showing the bottom of boots.  "Ok. So, quick run down. We got a new student. Her name is Arabella, and some drama went down between her and Asher, but it's all good now cause they are literally the cutest couple ever. Oh, and McKenna and Ethan are still going strong. Oh, and the fairyland dance is this weekend, and I'm really excited for it." I said in all one breath, using my fingers as a checklist. "Mhmm, you done yet?" Olivia said looking up at me with her brown eyes then looking behind me. "Well, I guess I am now. Anyways, how was your experience at that boring preppy school?" I said moving a piece of my curly hair out of my face. Some strands of hair getting stuck on my lipgloss. "Boring. To say the least." She said looking down at her phone. She rolled her shoulders back as if she was uncomfortable. "You good?" I asked staring at her hair; a strand of hair being a lot lighter than all of the other strands. She subtly nodded her head still keeping her eyes down. I kinda awkwardly stood there not knowing what else to say. She has never been the talkative type anyways. She just stood there, one hand in her pocket while the other was scrolling through her phone. "Welp. I'm glad you're back. Your seat at the lunch table has stayed open." I said while slowly stepping backwards. She lifted her brow indicating that the feeling is mutual. She stared off into the space behind me while I grabbed my stuff off the tile floor and headed to class. She's still the same as ever as she held her tough face and her "I don't give a fuck" demeanor. I'm glad to have Olivia back.