||DAY NINE||

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
let them vent their emotions
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •let them vent their emotions• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

The bell had rang a while ago, yet I still stayed close the the exit of the school. I was waiting for an opportunity to approach Yamaguchi and possibly ask him what was wrong. All day he had been distant. He was avoiding my eyes and anytime I attempted to walk to him he was blunt and simple worded.

It was clear he did not want to talk to me.

Any reason as to why made me anxious. After all, there was only one truth that I had hidden from him.

Finally, I saw the target of my worries walk out of the school.

I walked towards him, catching his eye as I did so. Even if he was in a bad mood, I had at least expected a wave from him. Yet he disproved my expectation by ignoring me completely.

I didn't hesitate to approach him, and he didn't even bother to look at me until I was directly in front of him.

"Hey... is everything alright?" I asked slowly, attempting to gage a response from him.

Yamaguchi didn't bother with formalities or lies, instead he cut right to the chase. "Are you only talking to me because of a stupid bet?"

I froze, my mind immediately wandering to how the hell he even found out. My lack of response must've been answer enough because he would've left me there dumbfounded if not for the fact that I grabbed his arm before he could completely turn away.

"That's part of the reason," I admitted, trying to weave in my feelings for him as I spoke, but confessing was never something I was good at. That's why I resorted to giving into stupid bets. "But I'm really happy I did and-."

Yamaguchi cut me off, an action that I would've previously put below him. "Didn't you say your worst fear was being the only one who cares?" He waited just long enough for me to slowly nod. "Well, that's really hypocritical of you."

An extremely brief flash of guilt crossed his features before being erased completely.

"You're not the only one that cares," I insisted. "I-."

"Were you and your friends just laughing behind my back the whole time?" He asked. His tone had become more depressed, more genuine than the previous anger he was articulating.

My heart ached as I attempted to assure him, "No, we weren't. We really weren't." I couldn't think of a way to truly make him understand the true situation.

He was silent for a second, his eyes downcast. "Why did you even pick me? Did I just seem like an easy target?"

I opened my mouth, trying to put into words how much I liked him. How every time I spoke to him I got butterflies and whenever he smiled I felt inexplicably at peace.

"You know what?" Yamaguchi sighed. "I don't even want to hear your excuses. See you around I guess."

I watched in horrified silence as he turned to walk to the gym. This time I didn't try to stop him or call out to him. I only watched with an unspoken confession hanging on my lips.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Okay

This was fun to write

But sorry it was so short

Anyways thanks for reading and hopefully I won't take forever to write the next chapter