CHAPTER NINE

Gabe

I wake up to noise coming from downstairs. I got my gun and sneak down the stairs. I bust into the kitchen and my girl jumps causing Bleu to start howling.

"Shit," she shouts. "Oh shit baby, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," I said going to hug her.

She starts to sniffle. "No baby don't cry. There's no crying on my birthday," I say teasing her. "I'm sorry I just wanted to surprise you and I don't know why I'm crying really," she says hugging me tightly. I smile and squeeze her.

She pulls back "Happy Birthday," she yells. I laugh "Thank you, baby," I say. "I'm making you breakfast. Go to your room and take a shower. Brush your teeth too," she says beginning to put cream cheese in a bowl.

"Yes, baby," I say and kiss her long and hard. She pulls back. "Go," she said and I do what she says. When I get out of the shower I see my outfit out on the bed.

It matches with what she was wearing I start to smile. I put on my outfit and her favorite cologne.

(Not them just the fits)

I go downstairs and she's heating up our plates in the microwave and we eat. We talk about everything and nothing at the same time.

"Okay we're on a tight schedule so let's go," she says playing our plates and cups in the sink. "Okay baby," I say. I ran upstairs to grab my wallet and keys. I see her standing by the door with Bleu.

I can't help but admire her beauty. She is so perfect and I know I'm going to marry her one day. She puts my wallet and keys in her purse and then grabs my hand and leads me out of my house.

A car is waiting out front. I realize she got us a driver. We get into the car and soon we're off. "Where are we going," I ask.

"It's a surprise, I'm not telling you anything," she says laying her head on my shoulder. I anxiously wait and she kisses my neck telling me to calm down. About 20 minutes later she makes me put a blindfold on.

After two minutes the car comes to a complete stop and we get out. She guides me forward and takes my blindfold off. We were at a paintball place. I remember telling her that I've always wanted to play paintball because it looks fun.

The driver goes to the trunk and pulls out what I am assuming to be paintball gear. We pay for the paintballs and load our guns. We play in teams and then in pairs. We won in pairs but we were on different teams during the team play. This was definitely the most fun thing I've done on while.

Eventually, we leave and she again won't tell me where we were going but soon enough we arrive at our favorite restaurant Juicy Crab. We went there for our second date and fell in love with the food. This time she tells them it's my birthday and they do a little song and give me a free desert which I of course shared with my baby. "How do you like everything so far?" she asks me feeding me a fry. " I love it baby, this is the best birthday I've had since my 10th birthday" I say teasing her because this is my most favorite birthday ever. My parents have competition. She glares at me, "Wow, so this isn't your favorite? I guess I'll have to step up my game next year." I laugh and grab her chin, pulling her closer to me. "I'm just kidding baby, this is my most favorite birthday ever," I peck her lips over and over again before kissing her deeper.

"Sorry to interrupt you but here's your check." The waitress is staring at us with distaste on her eyes. Lonely ass bitch. I think to myself as I mean mug her. I reached in my pocket to get my wallet but remembered that Karmah had it. I look up and see her putting her card in the tab. I glare at her and she giggles. "I'm not letting you pay on your birthday babe," she hands our waitress the tab and kisses my hand.

It would've had me visibly swooning if she wouldn't have snuck me like that. After we eat, we go back to her house. When we get inside I noticed gifts lined up all the way to the room. I look at her and raise my eyebrow.

When I open the room door there were clothes and money all over the bed. She made me a basket of all my favorites and I see a huge picture of us and out of all of this, that was my favorite present.

After opening everything up and seeing what she got me I swear to myself I will go bigger and better for her birthday. In my basket there's also a long jewelry box so I open it and pull out a silver chain. I look at her and she smiles. "Baby, this chain is 50k." I say frowning. "Yea, it sure was," she says coming closer to where I was. "But I saw that you really liked it so I bought for you." I grab her neck and kiss her, happy that there were no distractions. Things started to get hot and heavy but she pulled away. "Let me put it on you," I hand her the chain and turn around. I stare at her through the mirror as she puts on me and know that the next time she gets a jewelry box from me it'll be her engagement ring or a promise ring I know she likes though. We cuddle and watch Netflix for a while before she falls asleep. I clean her makeup off of her face, put her bonnet on, and put her in some comfortable clothes.

She was going to be busy for the next couple of weeks. I was going to miss her a lot. She FaceTimed me a lot but seeing her in person is so much better. After watching her sleep for a little I realized how creepy it was and pulled her close to me and fell asleep.

(rewritten)