CHAPTER EIGHT

Karmah

It's been a month since me and Gabe have started talking. He asked me to officially be his girlfriend the day after our arcade date. We've both been working so much that we don't really have a lot of time to spend with each other. He started up another business. This one is a moving company but he's making it a franchise. Me and Mal's salon business has become a chain. I even saved up enough money to put into real estate along with buying a laundromat. I'm trying to dibble dabble in different fields to bring in a few different incomes.

I am in a long and painstaking process of buying an airline. My next big thing is a hotel chain.  Right now me and Mal are starting up a club. It hasn't been hard to find workers or anything but finding a location has been stressful. We got our license to sell alcohol and have a storage unit storing all the furniture and everything we need for the club. I didn't go to the dinner as Stephanie told me to so she has been blowing my phone up, which I still don't know how she got my number. Finally, to get her off of my back I told her I would come to a dinner with them today. It's 12 and the dinner starts at 5 so I decided to visit my mom. I update her about everything, paint her nails, read to her, do her hair, and cuddle with her.

I leave around 3 so I can get ready to go. When I get to the house I go to my closet and put on my clothes which consisted of a white shirt sleeve crop top and jeans. I put my air force 1's on cause you can never go wrong with those.

I feed and take out Bleu

I feed and take out Bleu. I put major in his crate cause I don't know what today will turn out like.  I lock up the house and leave.

When I arrive I notice it's still the same small ugly two-story house with green shutters and a red door, painted a salmon color that Stephanie chose as soon as they moved in.

The same house he cheated on my mom in. I send a quick prayer to God asking him to send me strength and not act out in this house. I walk up to the front door and ring the bell. A minute later Courtney up at the door. She glares at me.

"What are you doing here? You are a selfish prick and deserve to die, " she says. I rolled my eyes and completely ignore her. I pushed past her to walk around and it was filthy.

There were roaches crawling around, holes in the wall, the flooring was pulled up, clothes were strewn everywhere. There were holes in the ceiling. It was just plain disgusting. "Mom...it's here," Courtney yells still glaring at me. "Oh. I'm coming," Stephanie replies.

I wanted to sit down but the couch looked really questionable so I remained standing. We waited for five minutes for her to come out and I'm guessing it was their bedroom that she came out of. When she came out she sees me and she glares.

"Well look who decided to come this time and I see you brought your filth with you," she says. "The only filth that could be coming from
me are the toxic fumes I'm inhaling and exhaling being in this code violation ass house," I say rolling my eyes and clutching my purse. She all but foams at the mouth. Britany comes from the back and stands beside her mother and sister. They're all staring at me. Finally after what feels like an eternity of them staring at me and me playing on my phone. My procreator emerged from the room that he cheated in.

He's gotten a lot more fat, ugly, and bald. He looks tired and stressed. Out of all that though, he looks miserable. I laugh to myself. "Daddy" Courtney and Britany scream and run to him- hugging him- they give me the evil eye as if mocking me. He finally noticed me standing there and freezes.

His eyes widened as he looks at me up and down. He comes over to me and comes in for a hug but I step back and nod him. "Daniel. It's...okay to see you" I say still playing on my phone. I see the hurt in his eyes caused by my actions and words and it brings me so much joy and satisfaction that I could die peacefully right now.

"Karmah, you've gotten so big," he says. "It's been 10 years and I'm only 5'4 so chill out. Besides what the hell did you expect? For me to stay a dumb, naive 10 year old," I ask.

"That's no way to speak to him," Stephanie says. "Stay out of it," Daniel snaps. Now I see why he looks so miserable, his mistress is ruining his life. Before anyone can speak I do. "So I came here for dinner and some news. I don't smell anything cooking, I know none of you can cook, and I'm assuming we're going out. So what restaurant are we going to, " I asked sighing.

"Olive Garden," Daniel says. "The one closest to here," I ask. "Yes," he says. "Okay. I'll meet you there," I say turning to leave. "Wait," Stephanie calls. "What," I ask curtly. "Drive the girls with you," she says.

"Ha. Not a chance in hell," I say turning and leaving. I put purse in the seat and back out of the driveway. When I drove off I see them getting in the car. I blast my bad bitch playlist all the way there cause lord knows I need the good vibes and energy.

When I arrive I see them pull into the parking lot. I wait for them to get out and put my shades on to block some of my face so I won't be bombarded with people who recognize me.

I quickly walk in to see them waiting for a table. I stand to the side a little with my phone pings with a text. I see it was from Gabe.

Hey beautiful. How has your day been?

It was good and then bad but now it's good because I'm talking to you.

I'm happy I made your day good baby.

Me too. I was getting ready to start popping off.

Ooo tea!! Tell me everything when you get home.

Okay baby

I miss you gorgeous

I miss you too bae

How about we FaceTime and spill the tea when you get home. I want to see your beautiful face.

I wouldn't want it any other way

I laugh thinking about all the other times we spilled tea on FaceTime. He truly is my best friend. I see them get up for the table so I follow.

Duh.

I'll talk to you later.

bye baby.

byyeee.

We get to the table and I am on the left of Daniel to the right of Courtney. We ordered drinks and Courtney talks about her wedding.

I zone out until Daniel says he has news. "So as you know I started the company and sold it. Well, I'm getting it back and one of you will become the heir of the company, I already have my mind set but I just wanted to let you know." I internally groan knowing that this was a waste of my time. He could've emailed me this shit and had I not waiting for my food to get here I would have left.

I zone out again until the food gets here. Courtney says her wedding will be next year because she did not have enough money. She side-eyes me.

God, I feel terrible for the groom. When it came to time to pay I paid for myself and waited as Stephanie had to pay for their meals. "This was insanely unnecessary so I'll see you whenever," I say leaving.

On the way out I forgot to put my shades on and was stopped by 10 different people. I left out the door and happened to look over my shoulder to see Stephanie and the girls glaring at me.

I smile and wave and head to my car happy that I can go home.

(rewritten)