The Figures in the Iceberg (Part 1)

Sokka's <POV>

I hopelessly star into the abyss of frigid water. I spot a pale blue fish taunting me.

"Its not getting away from me this time, watch and learn Katara. This is how you catch a fish"

I yell to my sister who obviously rolled her eyes at me. Ever since my dad left for war, he left me in charge to protect our village and her.

She means the world to me, even if I don't express it very often. My eyes follow the fishes pattern, focusing until the right moment to strike.

"Sokka look!!"

I ignore her, whatever she might have isn't as important as tonights dinner. Suddenly I feel icy chills of water splashed on me.

"Why is it that every time you play with magic water, I get soaked!!" I say annoyed

Katara lectures me "It's not magic, its waterbending!"

"Yeah, yeah" I tease.

An unexpected tide drags our boat forward, crashing into ice chunks as attempt to avoid the incoming waterfall. Our boat trips, and throws both me and Katara onto a piece of glacier.

"You call that steering." Katara says mocking me.

"Well maybe you should've waterbending us out of the ice" I respond defensively.

I didn't want to throw the blame on her, because honesty I knew I should've left her at home anyway.

"You are the most sexist, immature, nut brained! ARGH. I'm embarrassed to be related to you!"
Katara shouts at me.

What she was saying hurt. Even though I knew she didn't mean it.

"Ever since mom died I've been doing all the workaround here. While you've been off playing soldier!"

I had a urge to defend myself, but there's a bigger threat being fueled by her anger.

"Ah...Katara..." I say shaking

Cracks begin to form on the glacier behind her.
Katara continued to ignore my warnings while she continues to rant.

"Katara settle down!!" I shout trying to alert her.

Her words, shook the glacier to it's breaking point. It rumbled and sunk underwater. Suddenly, a glowing orb appears in front of us. Rising from where the glacier stood.

I grabbed my sister protectively. Shielding her from the glowing iceberg. We glared into the middle, where unclear figures remained still.

"He's alive, we need to help!" Katara states as she grabbed my weapon.

"Get back here!" I scream at her.

She hurried to the iceberg, attempting to make any progress breaking it. A gasp of wind appears, and I lose sight of my surroundings.

The iceberg starts crumbling. Sending a beacon of light up in the air. Which concerns me. I hope this isn't a trap...

Once my vision clears a young boy with glowing eyes gets up. I grab my weapon. But then suddenly he faints and tumbles down, Katara caught him before he hit his head.

I begin poking him, in case he's still alive. He opens his eyes, and searches around. Looking for someone or something. He bolts back into the iceberg with a gush of wind. Katara looks amazed.

"Your an airbender!" She exclaimed, her eyes sparklingly from excitement.

I hear a loud moan coming from the iceberg. Sounding like an animal.