Chapter 15: A "Friendly" Visit

Ana's POV
Ring! Ring! The home phone rang as I stepped into my house with Kane trailing. "I got it!" I yelled. "Okay!" Sabrina called back.

I put the phone to my ear and answered in a chirpy voice, "Hello?" "Hello, may I speak to Ana Hamilton?" a deep male voice answered. "This is she," I said. "This is Officer Duncan from the Malibu City Police Department. I am at the city jail attempting to interrogate Jackson Winters."

"Okay..." I said, not liking where this was going. "Mr. Winters said he won't talk to anyone but you," the officer sighed. "So..." I started. "We need you to come and talk to him," Officer Duncan stated.
* * *
After several more minutes of begging and arguing, I finally gave in and hung up the phone.

"You're going to go see Jackson?" a voice behind me whispered. I took a sharp intake of breath and spun around. "Don't scare me like that, Kane," I sighed. "Sorry," he apologized.

I grabbed my keys off the counter and was about to walk out the door when Kane grasped my hand. "I'll come with you," he told me.

I shook my head. "This is something I need to do alone."
* * *
I pulled up to the city jail with my hands gripping the steering wheel and every part of my body begging me to turn around and drive home.

I unbuckled, opened my car door, composed myself, and walked towards the jail doors. As soon as I entered, and officer called, "Miss Hamilton, please follow me."

I followed the officer into a bustling cafeteria with men in orange jumpsuits and police at ever turn.

Even though everyone dressed and looked the same, his piercing green eyes didn't fail to find mine.

Sitting there at a table all alone and handcuffed, was Jackson Winters. I sashayed over to him confidently even though on the inside I was cowering.

His eyes raked my body as I sat down across from him. "Nice tattoo," his deep voice said. I just glared at him.

"It's very sexy," Jackson smirked and winked. Still, I did nothing. "Come on, Ana!" Say something!" he complained while throwing his handcuffed hands in the air. My mind swam with words I could say that my parents would frown upon; however, I kept silent.

I opened my mouth as if I was about to say something and Jackson leaned forward eagerly, his eyes sparkling. I closed my mouth suddenly and smirked at him.

He peered at me curiously before saying, "You're taunting me." I shrugged.

I sighed, remembering the reason I came here. "Why?" I asked.

"She speaks!" he exclaimed, causing everyone to stare at him. He quirked an eyebrow at me and winked. I almost threw up.

"Why?" I growled, all the hatred pouring out. He just smirked at me.

I gritted my teeth as I pushed myself off the table and walked over to him. I stared deep into his eyes as I repeated, "Why?"

Jackson leaned in close to whisper in my ear, "I told you I'd get revenge." He began to trace my tattoo on my thigh and I strained myself to not slap him across the face.

"I planned on killing Kane," he spat. "It looks like I got more than I bargained for."

This time, I did not hesitate to slap him across the face.