Chapter 10: Beautiful Friendship

Click! The sound of a camera echoed throughout my room. I shot up with my eyes wide. Nate stood at the foot of my bed with my phone and a satisfied smirk.

"You're welcome," he said before heading downstairs. I looked at the picture Nate took and smiled.

My head was on Jason's chest while he had his arm around me. Jesse had his head resting on mine and Ash was hugging my arm. The funniest of them all was Adam who was cuddling my foot.

I set it as my home screen and kept s picture of Kane and I as my lock screen.

I felt Jesse stir above me and he muttered, "What are you looking at?" I showed him the picture and he chuckled. "What's so funny?" a voice to my left whispered. I turned and met Ash's green eyes.

I handed him my phone. He sat up, pushed his glasses up his nose, and peered at the picture. He snickered which caused Adam to get up. Adam looked at us suspiciously and snatched the phone away from Ash.

His booming laughter caused Jason to shoot up and yell, "What happened?" "Nothing, Jason," I said. "Calm down." I then handed him the phone.

Once again we all broke out into fits of giggles.

"Okay, guys, we got to get downstairs because Nate makes mean pancakes," I said. They all nodded and we stumbled downstairs. Before we reached the bottom of the stairs, I missed a step and began to fall.

Before impact, two strong arms wrapped around my waist.

Jason pulled me to him to prevent my fall. My body was so close to his I could feel the heat radiating off of him. Our faces were inches apart and his warm breath his my lips.

"Be careful," Jason whispered. I nodded my head, spun around, and headed towards the kitchen.

The buttery smell of pancakes filled my nose and I ran into the kitchen. "PANCAKES!" I yelled excitedly. Nate, Kane, and Sabrina laughed at my childish outburst and I sat in my favorite still between Kane and Sabrina.

The other four guys stumbled into the room laughing and they froze suddenly. "What's wrong?" I questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"That," Adam started. "Smells," Ash continued. "Amazingly," Jason kept on. "Awesome," Jesse finished with a sigh.

We all laughed and Nate took a bow. "We're all in charge of different meals," Sabrina states. "Aren't I in charge of dinner?" Kane asked. I nodded and he pumped his fist. "Nate is breakfast. Sabrina is lunch. Kane is dinner. I am dessert," I stated.

"Yummy," Adam said. We laughed as Nate set pancakes in front of us. "Can someone pass the syrup?" I asked politely. The Mrs. Buttersworth container was passed from Jesse to Nate to Sabrina to me. I drowned my pancakes with syrup.

"Want some pancakes with your syrup?" Kane asked sarcastically. I chuckled and shoved some pancake into my mouth and frowned as some syrup spilled on my pajamas. Wait, pajamas? I fell asleep in my normal clothes.

"Who changed me last night?" I demanded. "I did," came Jason's voice from the countertop. "I thought you'd be more comfortable." "Umm... thanks," I muttered. Jason nodded his head and continued to eat his delicious pancakes as an awkward silence filled the house.

"So," Kane broke the ice, "who wants to go to the mall?
* * *
Kane and I got out of Kane's car and met everyone at the entrance. I adjusted my leather jacket and eight of us walked into the mall.

Nothing interesting happened. We just chatted about random stuff. Sabrina and I stopped and bought a couple of things occasionally. The guys were being guys, joking around and being loud.

My ears perked up as a familiar tune filled the mall. "THIS IS MY JAM!" I yelled as Ordinary by Ricky Dillon, my favorite Youtuber next to Connor Franta, blasted through the speakers.

Sabrina and I started to sway our hips to the music while the guys stood by and wolf whistled. "I GUESS IN ORDINARY... CUZ I DONT GIVE A WHAT!" Sabrina and I sang at the top of our lungs.

Soon enough, the guys joined us in our insane dancing. We danced like no one was watching when, in reality, many people were. Sure passerby were gazing at us weirdly and some were taking videos and pictures, but we were having the time of our lives.

Kane suddenly grasped my hand and spun me around. I giggled loudly as I stopped spinning. Kane and I danced like there was no tomorrow while laughing our heads off until the song came to a close.

"Aww," I whined. Kane snickered. I spun around in my heels and see Jesse flirting with a girl. "Oooo," I cooed as I strutted over to them.

"My little Jesse is all grown up!" I giggled. His cheeks erupted into blossoms of red as I ruffled his hair.

"Shut up," he murmured. "Oh!" I exclaimed with a hand over my heart. "I am offended!" The girl laughed her dark grey, almost black, eyes twinkling. I could tell why Jesse had grown fond of her so quickly.

"I'm Raven," the blond introduced herself. "Epic name, sweetheart," I told her as I shook her hand. "I'm Ana." she nodded her head and said, "I could feel the beginning of a beautiful friendship."