Into the truth

Chapter 4

Trent comes back and at least five people were with him. They all had said in unison, "We are here to protect you." And a chill flows through me. "Protect me from what?" I said, "from the spirits of course."

I thought in my mind. Spirits. Are they crazy? They must be. I'll just ask Trent to politely take me back. He'll understand. Like as if anyone in their right mind would kidnap the girl who is new and just moved in. "T-trent?", "Yes?, "Can I go back home?", he shrugs his shoulders, "Sure but I have got a lot of stuff to explain to you. That you have no idea abot yourself." He showed me the way back to the house but I'm surprised he let me go so easily after stalking me under my own bed. He followed me back inside. "Lets talk." "O-okay."

We went back upstairs, back into my room and we sat down. I felt the heat radiating off his body and I suddenly felt a little light-headed. I never felt like this with a boy before. "Serani." He said in a gentle tone. As I stay mesmerized in his twinkling dark eyes. "What?" I decide to ask but, he stutters at first looking like hes not sure if he should tell me something. "You are a hybrid. You're a mix between a vampire and werewolf. The only difference is that you age. You are also a spirit. You have powers you obviously have no idea about." I try to find the right words. This made no sense. I decided I wanted my brother in here. Obviously Trent basically read my mind, but how.. He had shouted "Danny!", and Danny had replied "What? Who is that?", he came rushing up the stairs.

"Who is this? What is he doing in your room? What are you guys talking about?", my brother stared at the boy that was just hiding under my bed a few minutes ago.. Trent stared at him then at me in amazement. "You two are such extordinary people and one of you doesn't even have any knowledge about it." What's that even mean!?

"This guy told me that I am a hybrid, a mix between a werewolf and a vampire but I am also a spirit.", I said looking up at my brother Danny with confused eyes. Then he said "I was just acting just now. I'm sorry Serani that you had to find out right now. What you are. We are both something you could not imagine. The only problem is that you were told. " What the hell? He was asking. That's his excuse..

Suddenly we all heard a clanging outside. I look out the window but no one was in sight. I went outside as fast as possible. I looked everywhere a person could possibly hide in the front yard. I looked behind the trees, near the mail box, on our own porch, the backyard but I found nothing. Then I heard it again. My parents had waved goodbye at me and then left in their cars as if we were the only ones that heard the disruptive noise. I go towards the sound of clashing and crashing to find something too horrible to describe. I hurried back into the house screaming and slamming the door shut.

Trent comes up holding me picking me up and sitting me on the couch then stands back up, "What happened? What's wrong?. I didn't know how to explain it. The thing, the evil. I felt it. I saw it. I was terrified. "A d-demon. It was like it only existed wherever it was."